Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Airgas HazMat Fee

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ntsqd, Oct 23, 2003.

1. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Anyone else here buy stuff from Airgas (So. CA anyway) and pay the so-called "HazMat" fee ? Appearently that is simply extra profit, there is no state required fee.
    If they simply spread that profit over their product range I wouldn't argue with it, but to collect it essentailly in a fraudulent manner I really object to.

2. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

i work for a propane company and they charge that on most delivries too, don't really know what its all about but its 3.75? on each delivery no matter how much propane you take. i believe its bs too.

3. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

i buy from sierra airgas (nor cal airgas) and they charge for it... I thought it was a mandatory state fee.... for distribution of the MSDS etc...

4. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

That's what torks me, not so much paying the fee (any more than any other gumberment fee), but that they're implying that the gov't is charging it. To me that's fraud.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    That's what torks me, not so much paying the fee (any more than any other gumberment fee), but that they're implying that the gov't is charging it. To me that's fraud.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not fraud. They can call any charge whatever they want. If you don't like dealing with them, you could always take your business elsewhere.

A place like that with few or no customers would re think that nonsense in a hurry.

6. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not fraud. They can call any charge whatever they want. If you don't like dealing with them, you could always take your business elsewhere.

A place like that with few or no customers would re think that nonsense in a hurry.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not quite. If it is misrepresented as to what it actually is that's fraud.