Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aisin hubs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Magnus88, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Magnus88

Magnus88 Registered Member

I have the oppurtunity to get some manual hubs from a Toyota Landcruiser. If it helps in any way to identify the year its a 5 cyl diesel. Im guessing mid 90's or so. The hubs are Aisin and my question is: does anybody have an idea weather they will be able to fit my front 10b? I havent actually seen the car or the hubs so this is sadly all the info ive got at this monent. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I know i could get the Warn Premiums, but since money is really tight and these are for free i thought i could atleast give it a shot. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

What axle is under the front of the LC? If it is a D44 then there is a good chance they will work...

Or you could get some new Superwinch, Warn standards or MM hubs for alot cheaper than the premiums!

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

This isn't going to be much help, but I have NEVER seen the Aisin (stock Toyota) hubs on a D44 or GM 10B. I doubt it will work.

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

nosir. I've rebuilt both, and the toyota design is totally different. The front end of a toyota landcruiser would be a 8" Toy.

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

They won't fit. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Toyota stuff is metric. I'm sure that the spline count, etc. would also be different. Post up in the "Part Wanted" forum. Someone may have a set of decent hubs that they would sell you cheap. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Oops! I just noticed that you're in Sweeden. I guess that makes finding parts for GM trucks quite a challenge. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

aisin manual hubs wont fit a GM vehicle...the ones on my toyota were external hubs, with the whole body outside the wheel..and then the cover with the dial bolted to that, so no, they will not fit..

8. Magnus88

Magnus88 Registered Member

First of all, thank you guys. I never seizes to amaze me the amount of knowlege accumulated on this site. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif To bad the hubs wont fit, but it was a longshot...

Finding new parts here for GM trucks is not to hard but if you compare the prices here to your (american) its way more expensive. Junkyards are not really a big option either since there isnt to many /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif to take there in the first place... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

x

x