Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AJ Tatted.......are you home?? WILLYSWANTER?

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by Greg72, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Just checking to make sure everyone made it home OK......Rene, did you meke it back to the Great White North?

The NorCal crew made it back late last night....

I'm back at work today......tired and unmotivated. Just looking at 120MB of Moab pics and trying to figure out how to post them all.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Are you going to relate the complete Willyswanter saga for us?

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Greg, I am pretty sure we were home before you were /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

We wheeled Gold bar on Monday and left from there around 8:15 pm. Trip home was uneventful...

I read about Jason's wheel coming apart, that is some scary stuff right there. I think Daniel needs to be beaten within an inch of his life for selling crap like that!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Rene

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

But I have a nice S-10 tailgate for ya! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

But I have a nice S-10 tailgate for ya! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well fine then. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Let me know when you're recovered and I'll come get the tailgate.

6. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I be home yo!

Stopped at a Motel 6 last night around 9pm. I was weaving all over and couldn't stay awake for the 2.5 more hours... So, I got home at 7:30 this morning /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Anywho, I'll explain the wheel stuff in the "Saga of the trip home" or whatever it was post here but as for the rest:

Drive to Moab
    -Power steering pump resevoir cracked open and puked out my fluid. This also started the progress of my pump failing.

In Moab
    -Very first day, very first obsticle, I busted my front driveshaft at the union (you have to know my shaft to understand that) and had MOAB Offroad weld it all back together. Speaking of which I still owe ducttape 30 bucks...
    -Steering started acting really funny after getting that fixed.

Drive Home
    -Wheel problemos
    -Got to a gas station and my truck wouldn't stay running when put into gear, ended up being a loose battery cable.

All in all not too bad of a trip, had a blast in Moab /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

But! I did learn one thing. Driving 2300 miles in a 9200 pound truck running on way out of round tires so you have a constant up and down movement of 1-2" for every revolution of the tires causes many many many many many many many things to loosen up and some new noises to pop up /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif