Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AJM Blazer

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by desertrat67, Jan 10, 2007.

1. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

Hey Andrew, how is it going? I saw you pop up a little while ago and was surprised to see you. After you got hte Ranger and suzuki I thought you were gone for good. Are you still learning to fly? Congrats on picking up a CUCV, I nabbed a sub this summer for a good price with a 6.2 and have been building it since then. Hope to be able to drive it someday :doah: (need drive shafts, regear the rear axle and fix exhaust)

ryan

2. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

:haha::haha::haha:

I thought this was some "Special Edition" Blazer!:doah:

3. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

Sorry, just a "special" person

4. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Dude, sorry I missed this. Been busy with work for a few months, the holidays and vacation, and now school has started so I'm lurking more now. Big Ugly just sits in the sideyard now going for the "big snowy lump" look.

I gave up on the flying thing. Loved flying, hated modern aviation. Too many rules and regulations and ways to screw yourself, your bank account, your rights, and possibly your freedom over without trying to hard. Oh yeah and I'm poor and the going rate for a C172 a few years ago around here was about $120 an hour...
    That and everyone I knew who was doing it for a living wasn't making money anymore...or wasn't employed.

The Ranger was good to me but I needed a bigger rig so I got me a Big Ugly.:D The Suzukis...well...the little things multiply when you aren't looking...:wink1:

How's things? Still in I see...Warrant Officer? Gone pilot on me now have ya? What ever happened with the shortened flatbed crewcab rigamabob dealie?

5. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

Sorry to hear about not continuing with the flying. I finally got a warrant packet together and am private and instrument equivalent. Going to take the FAA test here soon for the comercail helicopter pilot rating. Just started tactical flying this week and in 4 weeks I find out what my permanent aircraft will be. Hoping for Blackhawk.

As for the crewcab thingy, it met a sorrowfull fate. I dismantled it, swapped the driveline into an 84 K30 standard cab and sent the red truck to the scrap yard. Then I narrowed the front of the K30 and blew the motor then sold the body to ClarkJW(john Clark). Now I have a big arse diesel suburban I that is only front wheel drive for now and the motor and tranny left from the crewcab. The D60 from the CC lives under the sub also.

Hell, I am just glad to see some of the offroad.com folks lurking around. Talk to you later

ryan

6. AJMBLAZER

Eh, the flying thing wasn't meant to be. I've come to realize that my childhood of reading all the flying stories and history of the pre-1950's gave me a false impression of flying today. Back then it was a wing and a prayer...today it's a rule book and a team of lawyers. I'm aiming for my other love, history now. Yeah...college...:crazy:

Oy, sorry to hear about the crew cab. At least you still have most of the beef pieces of it.

Yeah, we're around. I talked to Bowtiepower a while back when I first got BigUgly and have swapped e-hi's with a few others. I lurk on ORC/C from time to time but it's gone downhill. Willys, Shorts, and others post up now and again but mostly it's to provide some humor or actual tech to counterbalance all of the "how big of a tire can I fit on my Z71 with 14" of lift?"

Congrats on the WO packet. My respect on staying in. I miss it sometimes and wonder if I did the right thing. Sometimes I consider going back (especially with the crappy area I live in now and the sloppy bunch of retards I work with but I digress...) but I'm not the same person anymore...and I have a wife and house and...:tongue1: It sounds so trite but then again I'm not sure I ever want to tension another deck cable again, trap a F-18, or stand a barracks inspection.

7. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

AJM- Amen to the Flying BS. I too got frustrated with the stuff and moved on. Flying just for the sake of flying, however, is wonderful, and someday when I can afford to I'd like to get up more often. I think being a Helo pilot is where it's at.

8. AJMBLAZER

hey bowtie. For me it's different I think. I've realized that flying isn't the passion it once was. I was told over and over that I'd miss it and I'd be back in the program at school within a semester...that was almost three years ago now. I don't miss it and really don't think I'll ever get back into it.

I've rediscovered my love all things ground based from 4x4's to guns to dirty guys living in holes waiting for the next barrage.

9. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

I agree with all the rules and crap. Being any army aviator is even worse. We have the FAA to deal with and the army. I just finished instruments before Christmas and I hated it. I spent two months hating flying. Then the other day I got to fly VFR again and realised how much I did enjoy it. I do have to admit it doesn't hold the same fascination it did when i first started wanting to fly when i was in high school, but I get paid to do this and it does kicks ass.