Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AK-57 Suspension and 208 Slip Yoke question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scrappy88, Oct 11, 2003.

1. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

I plan on installing the 6" AK-57 suspension (Springer) kit on my K5 in the near future. I'm going to have a new driveshaft built after I put the lift in. I have an np208, and was wondering if I am going to have problems with the driveshaft popping out of the t-case since the axle will now have the ability to drop so far down?

I'd like to ditch the 208 for a 205 with a doubler setup, but that's way out of my price range at the moment. I'd just like to get it set up with what I have right now.

Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

If your driveshaft hasn't been lengthed your probably gonna be fine. A few guys that have put the springer kit on after lengthing the driveshaft and actually have to shorthen it. As the axle swings down it actually comes forward a bit.

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If your driveshaft hasn't been lengthed your probably gonna be fine. A few guys that have put the springer kit on after lengthing the driveshaft and actually have to shorthen it. As the axle swings down it actually comes forward a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]
    what he said.

LaBarge is running it and he has a 241. i dont know if he has a slip yolk eliminator or not. he may verry well be.
    Grant

4. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Brian "LaBarge" is running the Springer setup, and does run the SYE on his 241.

Drop him a line, he can tell you what he did as far as driveshafts are concerned.

Rob

5. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

i have a special springer 6" setup and a stock SY 208 and had no problems at all w/a stock driveshaft.