Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Al Gore, please listen......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It's over dude. You've lost, so would you please go back to the rock you came out from and STFU!!!!!!!!
    By WILL LESTER, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - Al Gore (news - web sites) said Wednesday that President Bush (news - web sites) is making serious mistakes in the war on terrorism and called his economic plan "a catastrophic failure." That gives Democrats "an excellent chance" to win the White House in 2004, whoever their nominee is, he said.

Photo
    Reuters Photo

"Now the warlords are back in control, the Taliban is back in (Afghanistan (news - web sites)) and for a variety of reasons al-Qaida is back at full strength and Osama is back making his threats against the U.S," Gore said in an interview with The Associated Press.

The Republicans dominated in the midterm elections this year, but that is because the economy's problems "did not count for a lot in the midterm elections because they shifted the national dialogue to a war with Iraq and — as the president's chief of staff put it — they waited until Labor Day to roll out a new product line," Gore said, referring to a possible war with Iraq.

Gore is on the brink of deciding if he will run for the Democratic nomination in a chance to oppose Bush a second time. He said he would decide over the Christmas holidays.

But he said his "gut feeling is that whoever the Democratic nominee turns out to be will have an excellent chance in 2004 simply because the Bush-Cheney economic plan has been a catastrophic failure."

"By 2004, the economic consequences of this plan, now that they've got both the House and the Senate and they're unlikely to change their blueprint, I don't think it has a chance in the world of working, unfortunately," he said.

Gore has said the whole Bush economic plan and economic team should be thrown out, and the administration should start over with tax cuts aimed specifically at the middle class.

The former vice president was interviewed by telephone from Los Angeles.

As for the war on terror, Gore was critical of the Bush administration for turning its focus toward Iraqi President Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) before it had dealt effectively with al-Qaida. He said administration officials have said al-Qaida "has reconstituted itself, regained its strength and now poses just as much of a threat to the United States today as it did immediately prior to Sept. 11. That sounds like we have not made much headway."

And Gore said top military officials say the United States is losing ground in Afghanistan.

Gore said that "after a magnificent response to 9-11, President Bush then lost focus."

"As the fall elections approach, for whatever reason, he decided to start a new war," Gore said. "Saddam Hussein is a bad guy who deserves to be removed from power. But he is not the one who attacked us Sept. 11. He is not the one who is threatening to kill us right now.

"The president succeeded during the election campaign in convincing a majority that Saddam Hussein and al-Qaida are practically the same thing ... but he convinced the majority of something that is not true and is not backed up by any evidence that I am aware of."

White House officials dismissed Gore's comments as political posturing.

"The president is uniting the country and the world in the global war on terrorism and we're making great progress both at home and abroad," said White House spokeswoman Claire Buchan.

Gore must now decide whether the time is right for him to make another run for president amid this economic and international turmoil.

"It's not just about me, it's about how I can best serve my country, whether I would be the best candidate for Democrats to put forward against Bush," Gore said. Gore got the most votes of any Democratic candidate ever and more votes than President Bush, even though he narrowly lost the electoral vote count.

After keeping a low profile for months after the election loss, the 54-year-old Gore has gradually re-emerged in recent months through a series of policy speeches and a limited number of campaign appearances for Democratic candidates. He's making a book tour with his wife, Tipper, promoting the book they wrote together, "Joined At The Heart: The Transformation of the American Family."

In the last few days, Gore has made numerous TV appearances, including interviews with Barbara Walters, David Letterman (news - Y! TV) and Larry King.

Gore acknowledged he has plenty of work to do winning over Democrats who remain skeptical after his loss to Bush.

He said he will "have to convince the political insiders and the journalistic community that I'd learned enough to run a better campaign."

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'd vote for him... to "go back to the rock [he] came out from and STFU!"

It's all about image. Every politician knows that. You can say anything you want, only 10% of the people who hear it will actually try to find out if it's true or not...

3. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

he already has a web site for running in 2004, omg, the goring of america! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

It pisses me off when the democrats blame the republicans for the state the economy is in when clinton did NOTHING for the economy! Damn liberals, wish we could send em all to Iraq.

6. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

What do you mean he did NOTHING... he cut miliary spending to run our armed forces into the dirt.. He used up miulitary suplies without making any more.. He pissed off every third world country tryng to avert attention away from him lieing under oath...

He took a very healthy country and put it in the toilet.

He couldnt even tell the truth about inhaleing..

he did nothing... sheesh

7. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah, I forgot how the economy flourished under Reagan and Bush Episode I. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Fk'in Democrats...
    Cry, cry cry.. that's all they do..
    If they have it their way we'll all be driving electric cars, forfeture of our vehicles under the clunker bill, disarm all law abiding citizens.. geez.. when will it stop.

I think Dubya (GW Bush, that is)is doing one hell of a job.. Don't hear much bad press about him except from the Democrats..

9. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

Really... maybe then you remember a guy named Carter....

Ever think those gents you mentioned maybe layed the groundwork for Klintons terms...

Lets see... Reagan... The name is sononomouse with military spending.. Remeber the cold war? Seems Reagan Won that war without fireing a shot.. How.. see the rusians have to keep up.. they didnt have the economic groundwork to keep up the pace. This allowed us to spend less on the military. What do you think caused the collaps of the soviet union?

Ahh yes Daddy Bush..= Daddy was a true statesman. He managed to line up the whole damn world as alies.. against a common foe if you will. We were not using our military as a distraction like happened in a later administration...

If you want to be pissed at daddy Bush.. dont be pissed about the economy during his administration cus it was turning up.. be pissed because he stabbed us in the back with major gun restrictions that are still being built upon today...
    So uh did you like Klinton or something.. your not a democrack are ya /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

The way I see it unemployment did go down under Clinton/Gore due to all those outstanding minimum wage and temp jobs /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif that were the big fad in the 90's. Remember when Bush Sr. raised taxes and everyone b!tched and moaned about it. Well how the do you think the economy grew in the Clinton/Gore years. Also as I recall didn't the economy start to take a big sh!t about a year before G.W. Bush was even elected. About the only thing I have seen that has hurt the economy since Bush took office is a few people flying planes into buildings and Tom Daschell.

11. AGM

AGM Registered Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    be pissed because he stabbed us in the back with major gun restrictions that are still being built upon today...

[/ QUOTE ]

He went back on that "No new taxes" thing too.

12. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Lets see... Reagan... The name is sononomouse with military spending

[/ QUOTE ]

Great for the military, bad for everyone else. Evidently you nor your family farmed during the Reagan era. Up military spending, cut agricultural subsidies and start improting ag products. Good idea. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

What do you think caused the collaps of the soviet union?

[/ QUOTE ]

Political infighting, and economic deterioration that began shorty after the Cuban Missile Crisis. All those fantastic spy sattelites did a lot of good noticing that the Soviet Union's entire 'army' was a facade during the cold war. Nothin like old, rusty, out of service fishing boats made up to look like destroyers to throw us off the scent.

Really... maybe then you remember a guy named Carter....

Ever think those gents you mentioned maybe layed the groundwork for Klintons terms...

[/ QUOTE ]

It took 12 years to put the economy that flourished in the 90's together?

I am aware that I will need a firesuit here, but my opinion is just that. The administration during the mid and late 80's as it applied to ME and MY FAMILY was atrocious. I applaud the military and all it has done and continues to do, so railing against government spending in that area is not my intent. And of course, I see welfare abused on a daily basis, so I am all for some type of regulation and restructuring in that area. However, I also see how a predominantly old, white, conservative, Republican community (in my area) stymies new economic growth to keep the local economy in a state of perpetual 'depression'. So does this make all Republicans bad? No. Conservatives? No. Old people? Maybe. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I am neither here nor there, just voicing my opinion on how the situations have affected me. Back to your regularly scheduled wheeling. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

13. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Oh, and for the record, I think Al Gore is a f*cking jackass. Stupidity knows no partisanship.

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Ah no, sounds like you've got some good wholesome points there. Family were farmers? I remember those days back home, a lot of people went out of the farming cause they couldn't make it.

15. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

You are totally free to dissagree with me...

I liked Reagan, but was unable to vote for him...
    Daddy, in my opinion, was a much better pres than Klinton..
    Daddy, however, was a true politition and you couldnt believe a word he said.. Just like Klinton..

I am so glad its Jr. in office instead of Big Al..

Funny thing is I bet we do agree about a lot..

Fire suit.. naaa

16. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

What gets me is Goofagore talking about the war on Terrorism when his damn administration opened the flood gates for the assholes to have access to our country now he thinks Bush is not doing a good job cleaning up the mess. If Gore had been in office he would have had Osama over for dinner and anger management classes at the White House. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

17. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Notice when the terrorists attacked, who had grown a beard in case we surrendered to them. AL GORE. Coincidence, I think not! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

LMFAO!!!! Even his close friends were saying that they were glad that he wasn't president when 9/11 happened...could you imagine??