Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Al Jezeera TV

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Mar 23, 2003.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Now I think I understand what that other post was about. Stickseler, now I know why you got so pissed, I thought they were talking about civilian injuries, I didn't know those were our guys.

I'm exploding with terrible things to say right now. Knowing I'll launch a million-reply debate is stoipping me from spewing them.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Are ya talking about that a**bag who posted the link to the Arabic website that got canned earlier?

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah. I thougt he was bitching about us hitting civilian targets and those pics were civilians. I had no idea they were coalition POW's, now KIA's.

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

No, the link he had in his post was to a website with pics of captured and dead American soldiers. That is why everyone got so pissed. I PM'ed Steve, Grim and Jeff to get that scumbags link out. It is totally disrespectful to the soldiers families to have that crap posted, and this is definitly not the place for it. I am glad that [censored] got canned.

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I can only imagine what is on that video- I was just watching MSNBC and they were stating WHY they refuse to show the video...other broadcast stations have played it, but MSNBC refuses

6. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

that realy pisses me off that those a-holes cant respect another man fighting for what he believes in. That is the ultimate act of cowerdice. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Why are people so enthralled with something like that?? Do these agencies think that'll boost viewers? These are our countrymen, for cristmas sake. Why is any news agency relaying that?? Why did they even get a tape of it?? Good for MSNBC not showing it, Microsoft got something morally right, even if only by association.
    I can't even get into my thoughts on Al Jezeera and the region...

8. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yeah i would never be able to watch much less brodcast pictures/videos of our brave soliers dead/ being killed. That just isnt quite right.

9. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

This network is a tool of our enemies and I can't understand why we don't take them out.

10. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Are ya talking about that a**bag who posted the link to the Arabic website that got canned earlier?

[/ QUOTE ]

I started looking through that site.... it was the worst thing I have ever seen anywhere. I won't even tell you what I saw. I was sick to my stomach and actually had to go out for a walk to calm myself down... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

CNN showed it this morning, but they got kicked out of Baghdad and are desperate...as far as I know, FOX has not shown the video and refuses to. CNN kind of said, "we were asked not to, but we're going to anyway". I'll not be watching them anymore.

12. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I figured you missunderstood the pics. I never thought you would say somthing like that if you knew what they were of. No harm No foul /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif