Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AL Queda nukes?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtn. burb, Jul 20, 2004.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

The suitcase nuke story has been around for a while. But a new book written by Paul Williams, a former FBI consultant, says the threat is real. I looked around on the web and found dissenting opinions. One said they are extremely complicated and can become inert without maintenance.

Like a Ford. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

newsmax

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

it would certainly end the whole ordeal. It'd be the worst day in the history of the world, but muslim fundamentalists wouldn't be a problem anymore.

General at NORAD answering the phone... "yes Mr. President, this is General Whatshisname"

Bush: "hey general, NYC just got nuked by terrorists, I want you to send the kitchen sink to the middle east, I've already called the iz-ray-lees and told em to keep their heads down. btw, have any of those cold-war-era nukes laced with Cobalt-60 laying around? I hear they [darn] chit up purdy good."

General: "roger that sir, I think we can scrounge something up... we have 500 or so warheads that were slated to be destroyed anyway, that oughta work and we can get two birds with one stone, maybe help reduce the budget a bit."

Bush: "great idea general, carry on."

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

j

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I think I recently saw the same thing. The radioactive materials used decay beyond usability after like two years, and this would now be at least 13 years after thier manufacture (if they're Soviet).
    What I'd actually read was that Osama bought 30-40 of these devices for $30 million and a ton of heroin...
    On the other hand, I still haven't seen any reports of the Ukrainian Soviet Nukes being found yet...

Jek, why'd ya pick New York City??? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif