Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Alan Keyes is making sense

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Mar 6, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Anybody else watch this? It was about a cartoon that makes fun of the 9/11 widows/widowers.

Did that piss anybody else off as much as it pissed me off??

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i did not see it

3. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

I didn't see it either.

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I didn't see it. Got any links?

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

No transcript available yet, I guess they're a day behind.

There was a cartoon in a newspaper that was making fun of the 9/11 widows, basically calling them golddiggers that were trying to capitalize on thier loved ones death.

They had some dipstick saying how the guy has a right under the first amendment to create the cartoon. I agree and Keyes agreed, but 1st amendment doesn't say he has a right to have it published, that becomes a matter of the publisher (I.E. the newspaper editor).

Keyes point was that we need to be united, and not demean the significance of 9/11 while we have boys out in harms way because of it.

I was po'ed cause there's no call for it. Free speech or not, war or no war, there's no reason to shove another blade in these widows. They're not getting that much money, and they're fighting in DC for safer buildings (under the premise of why did the twin towers fall), not more money. The guy that wrote the cartoon is a callous, disrespectful, uninformed dips**t. On a professional level, this is not a professional's work.

Anyway, I was just appalled that someone could think that way. This dude should be fired, and the paper should print a public apology.

6. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

That was definatly poor taste and I think they can publish what they want sorta, but when it's poor taste...it's poor taste. What would hurt them is if no body buys their paper anymore.
    And when you publish something like that then you should expect someone to be upset about it.
    There might be a few 'gold diggers' which is upsetting to think about, but I very seriously doubt that people wanted to loose someone they love. Obviously, he's stuck in his own little world and has never experianced pain....