Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Alarm Question (dbalzer?)

Discussion in 'Audio' started by WakeBoard&4X4er, Jul 6, 2001.

1. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I just installed an OLD alarm in my K5, but i think that i might have some something wrong. When I shut the door Hard and the alarm is off, it will beep at me, just once or twice. And when I start the truck (or put it to ign) it will beep at me then to. I do not know what is causing this. I more or less took the alarm that i had and connected it to the old brackets wires. The old alarm (that was in there) had more wires then what i put in but i did find a place forever wire. but ever thing works Great other then that. There are 4 on/off switches that are on the alarm but i do not think that will have any thing to do with this. If you have put alarms in K5s before or have a general knowledge on them let me know what you think.

brettmcox@hotmail.com

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Gosh you spell words real purty. lol

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

was not using spell check, All i know is how to program in COBOL with a spell check

4. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

DBLAZER!!!!!!
    DBLAZER!!!!!!
    DBLAZER!!!!!

[​IMG]

Ok, now that I have that out of the way. What kind of alarm is it???
    What it sounds like to me is the warn away on the impact sensor. Again, that is a total guess. Give ,me som more info. Single or dual stage shock sensor????

I have seen where the dual stage impact sensor wires directly up to the siren on the warn away trigger, if the sensor stays on all the time, then it will send a trigger to a chirp the siren

http://autotronixcaraudio.com