Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Alarm sensors, shock tilt, what's best?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73k5blazer, Jan 2, 2007.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

So who's got experience with alarm sensors?

The car stereo head unit I bought has an alarm built into it, it has provisions for a negative switched shock & tilt sensors? Are there better ones than others? What the best way to protect a vehicle with these (I already have a couple other protection methods, not involving the alarm). Is a tilt sensor better than a shock sensor? I could do both, is that worth it? Are there better brands than others?

2. 5280k5

5280k5 1/2 ton status

Most of the decent alarms and sensors are all made anymore by DEI(directed
    electronics). They manufacture viper/hornet/python, etc. You might want to check their website for info as far as what the sensors available are built to do(neg/positive switching). Shock sensors are good for window breaks or if someone hits your vehicle, the tilt sensor is more for if someone is towing away your ride and you didn't ask them too:mad: . Also they make a proximity sensor that in simple terms sense movement around your vehicle like if someone is standing there looking in your window. Most of the alarms I've dealt with usually combo a shock & proximity sensor and that seems to cover most situations.

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Thanks! I'll check them out. I can daisy chain as many negative switch sensors as I want to the input lead.
    A proximity sensor, really? I wonder how those work, I guess I'll find out. I don't know if I want the alarm to trip just because somebody is standing near my truck though, I'm not that paranoid.