Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Alarms and access.

Discussion in 'Audio' started by fr8train, Oct 10, 2000.

1. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

I've been checking out alarms to put on the K5 and cant figure out which one to go with. I like the features of the Clifford and Avital. Dei and CS have some good stuff too. What about Clarions alarm, UNGO? I am looking for a dual stage system w/ outputs for door unlock, windows, pager alert, and microwave prox.( the top comes off in the summer). DBLAZER and group can you recommend anything?

2. Bondo

Bondo 1/2 ton status

I have a CodeAlarm in mine. It has remote start, door locks, illuminated entry, windows up/down, microwave proximity sensor, shock sensor. It's a nice system and has worked really well for me in two trucks now.

BONDO WILL FIX ANYTHING!!!

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Well Clifford and Avital are both awesome alarms, however they were both just bought out by DEI, I am having problems getting them warrantied and getting any new product. I personally do not like the new clifford, the G4, stuff. I think it is some of the worst stuff they ever built. Ofcoarse they arent in buisness anymore, I wonder why. UNGO is an extremely cool alarm. As a matter of fact I just Pulled my Avital 6501, remote start peice and am going to install a new ungo peice. I dont no the model number off the top of my head but , but it is a bad ass peice. Like I have always said, I think one of the most important things to consider is who installs the alarm, no matter what brand , the install is the MOST important thing. It can a godd alarm bad. Hope this helps. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

[​IMG]
    http://dblazer.coloradok5.com

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the replys guys. I have been away from the computer for awhile. I am going to have it installed by Best Buy or a shop in Catonsville. Both have an extended warranty on their work. DBLAZER do you have a mirowave sensor in yours? I like the idea of going to the beach without the top and not having my stuff walking away easily. Any recomendations on where to mount? Both shops asked where I wanted it mounted. They are tailoring the alarm to my specs. that the other nice thing about these two shops.

5. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Try the shop and in my opinion, I would stay away from Best Buy, extended warranty or not. I dont mean any disrespect to the guys at BB but 95% of the time Best buys work, at least in my neck of the woods is crap. They get a a bonus for getting your car in and out, speed is their key and I feel that isnt the right way to approach installing an alarm. As far as a radar or microwave is concerned, Hell No I DON NOT use one. Here is why. If you go to the beach and you leave stuff within reach or loose, a microwave will not stop them from stealing it. Plus, unless it is installed well the WILL false, You will have to be patient with this sensor as it will take time to get adjusted corectly. If you really want one the get one that is remotely adjustable, so that YOU can adjust it without pulling the interrior apart. When adjusting it always remeber to turn off all florescent lights in the imediate area as they will effect the the sensor, as will strong cb's, radar, even planes sometimes. This is just my opinion and it comes from years of having to adjust the things for a living. I am sure that there are people who will respond with I have had mine forever and it works like a champ, well I am glad I just hate them. The only time I ever "sell" one is if you have a soft top that can be cut into, and in that case I alays sell one that can be remotely adjusted. I hope this helps. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!![​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Sweet, you answered all the concerns I had about the thing. I am planning on scrapping the bills together and getting a newer soft top for the beach. The audio shop here was telling about the "adjustable" sensors. I wanted to hear it from another pro before I bought into it. It seems that the shop is pretty decent. They arent charging by the hour and they are working with me to get the right stuff. I decided to go with the UNGO system. I am a little sketched out by remote starting. Are there any concerns you have with this feature?

7. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Unless you drive a stanard, no. I love mine. My neighbor used to make fun of my remote start, he called me lazy, until last winter we got a rainy freeze. I started mine about 25 minutes before I left for work. I ha the defroster on from the night before. When I left for work my neighbor was outside chipping away at the windshield, I walked out, got in my warm truck, turned on the windshield wipers, SQUEEEEK, no more ice!!! I never here him make fun of me any more!!! HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

[​IMG]