Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

alarms

Discussion in 'Audio' started by chris12, Feb 7, 2007.

1. chris12

chris12 1/2 ton status

Forest Ontario, 1/4 hr from Port Huron Michigan
    Alright im looking to get an alarm system for my 88 k-5. IT doesn't have power locks our power windows. Im looking for mostle the security part. If the truck gets touched or bumped it goes off. Something like a sensor alarm. Anyone have anything like this installed and some feedback.
    Something like the Matrix RSX 3.5 on this site. Would this work do you think .
    http://www.clifford.com/matrix/responder/default.asp

2. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

any alarm will work, the problem is the idiots that install them. they think the little holes in the module and sensors are for zip ties. If everythin is screwed into place, and hidden well, they work good. On my truck, I took the instrument cluster out and screwed the module to the side of the cab, and hid the wires good, so it doesn't just take a second for someone to reach up under there and yank it out.

3. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Quality alarm from a reputable company (I recommend DEI brands/labels), good installation, alternate power source (back-up battery)... these are the three keys to a successful alarm setup.

But remember, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. An alarn is only one aspect of prevention, and a fairly small last-defense at that. By prevention I mean, if this is to protect a stereo, no steal-me stickers, no booming in your neighborhood or near where you'll be parking (no reckless booming period) and no bragging how much your system cost to anyone who will listen. Im not suggesting anyone here would/will do these things, just saying...