Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Alcan's plus shackle flip

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by tRustyK5, Sep 4, 2006.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Just installed one of the rear springs today...54" long Alcan rear 2.5" lift (from blk87K5's truck)

First of all I gotta say that extra 2.5" is looking awefully huge at this point. Maybe it'll look less monster truckish once all four corners are done. :doah:

My question is what was the 'recomended' shackle flip orientation and shackle length for these springs? I currently have the factory hanger (homebrew flip) and a 6" shackle. Right now I'm really hating the shackle angle and don't feel i have enough swing even with the 6" shackle. The shackle is vertical now. To get the shackle where I want it angle wise I feel i need to move the hanger another 2" forward. However doing this will prevent the spring from being able to flatten out to it's 54" length...

Was the recipe an ORD shackle flip bolted up left bracket on right side of truck and vice versy(reversed)?

Rene

2. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

I know swapping the sides of the flip on ORD and DIY flips is used for 56's. Its possible to do this. My guess would it would need to be moved on the frame to accomidate the minor differences in your alcans and factory 56's.