Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ALDL Cable parts sources?

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by kennyw, Apr 1, 2007.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Anyone know where I can find a connector to mate up to the ALDL plug on a 1991 K2500?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Nice! Hadn't been there in awhile, but they've got it all looks like!

http://www.aldlcable.com/sc/details.asp?item=daewoo Should be what you are looking for Kenny.

For the 160 baud cable I don't know that the $40 for the complete one is quite worth it, as they are pretty simple and even without much work are pretty compact, but the 8192baud one I know I couldn't make look that good for the time and money.

4. 1990k5fan

1990k5fan 1/2 ton status

Dyeager535, i've been working on finding plans on how to build this but don't know exactly which parts to buy.

Also, the schematics online aren't that helpful. I wanted to build the aldl cable that works with usb for power?

Sorry to hijack your thread :D

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I haven't seen any USB plans. You can get a USB->serial adapter, that's probably why. :(

If winALDL, the plans are out there. I can't help with where though, I always just searched for winALDL cable and found them. I think the easiest is the two(?) transistor cable. If you are really good at putting small stuff together, the max232(again, ?) cable plans are out there as well, but more complex, so harder IMO to make on the small scale.

6. kp texan

kp texan 1/2 ton status

http://winaldl.joby.se/aldlcable.htm

I used that link to build my ALDL cable today. I'm pretty sure that's actually the guy who invented WinALDL. I used pretty much the same part numbers from Radio Shack as shown in this link:

http://tbichips.com/cable.htm

I actually used the radio shack 276-1539 D-sub connector hood because its a bit cheaper and I figured there's a remote possibility my cable might not work anyway. You can even run the part numbers at radioshack.com and see if they're available at your nearest store. I think I paid a little over $5 after I bought all the parts (I just used a piece of small speaker cable for the wire).

As for the Serial to USB adapter, run a search at newegg.com and I think you can get a pretty decent one for under $10. Some of those things don't work well but that one gets decent reviews.

-Wes