Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Alignment problem?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Biggedraws, Feb 25, 2002.

1. Biggedraws

Biggedraws Registered Member

Everytime i push my brake my truck shakes from side to side.. the wsteering wheel shakes too its been getting worse... is this an alignment problem?

2. Biggedraws

????????

3. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

do a search on shimming when you brake...but to me it sounds like warped rotors

1986 K5 Blazer
    Tired Stock 305/700R4/3.08
    F:2.5" Procomp Springs/RS9000
    R:1.5" Procomp Leaf/2" Procomp Block/RS9000
    Working on getting 33's

4. 1BAD88

1BAD88 Registered Member

I had a simular problem not to long ago it was when I took a corner my steering wheel would wobble-shimmy from side to side it was due to an alighnment problem I also noticed that my drivers side tire was starting to wear funny on the outside so I brought it down to a shop and it was off by 4 microns not much. but enough to affect the steering and my truck would also wander over bumps after it was alighned it cured the problem .hope this helps good luck

1988 k-5 blazer 5.7

5. Biggedraws

thats what i was thinkin but i thought that warped rotors makes ur truck shake back and forth.

6. 1BAD88

1BAD88 Registered Member

When it comes to the front end of a straight axle there are so many things that can make the front feel sloopy and shakey .your best bet would be to pull off your rotors and bring them down to napa or any machine shop and get them turned it's only about 10-15$ a rotor if that dont fix it then bring it in for an alignment .a good shop will inspect all the front parts before they align it maybe one of your tires is out of toe it could be somethimg simple ?? good luck

1988 k-5 blazer 5.7