Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Alison auto questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big_truxx, Apr 22, 2005.

1. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I am wondering will an alison auto hook right up to your factory column shifter in the 73-87/91 style truck? Also it would hook up to a B&M aftermarket floor shifter right?

2. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

please somebody help me!!!! I don;t know much about alisons (obviously eh?) :haha:

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

old style allison or the new allison auto in the siverado body style trucks

4. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

:thinking: I should have specified that in my original post eh? I was thinking something that would mate up w/ a CAT. So the old style I would imagine. Wouldn;t think the ones in the new GMs would work for the CAT. :D

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i know the one i have is no park in tranny needs to have the ebrake set. and the shifter is seperate and is like a art car style shifter. it has r-n-d-3-2-1 and thats it. i can get pics if needed. and it is cable style.

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

For something like that I would want (I think) the Allison 2000 or 2200. Both are 6 speeds with OD and very nice low gear ratio but no park in the trans. I would love to have something like that behind a turned up 6BT in an LD truck.

7. crzytrckr

crzytrckr Registered Member

Hey BigTruxx, Just out of curiousity what you working on? If you get a chance e-mail me... I would like to know how well your 82 crew cab pulls with the 350...I am getting ready to put a 350 in my 88 and i occasionaly pull a 32' fifth wheel...it now has a 454 4sp 373 gears...10mpg loaded or empty...I was thinking i would like an extra 2 or 3 mpg with the fuel prices what they are...I bought this truck just for the engine and have fallen in love with it...sure drives nice and pulls anything with little or no effort...the 454 is going in the blazer but it sure would be nice to keep the crew cab. what ya think?