Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

All bow and worship...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by unclematty, Nov 6, 2005.

1. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

the great fishing and fixit god Matty!

Rewind to last wenesday;
    I get a call from my best friend who preceeds to tell me about his van that I just installed an engine and trans into about a month ago, and how the alternator just quit working and left him stranded in a parking lot 5 miles from home, I go out and find he has pulled the alternator and that autozone had told him its working just fine, I think OK so now what I look at the battery cables and find one of the many ground cables corroded and hanging on for dear life, I tell him to get me a multi cable terminal, he gets it and walla fixed problem solved charging at 14.1 volts and 35amps!
    so as repayment he takes me fishing Saturday, we get up to Deer creek resivour at about 8 am after a huge breakfast at jims restraunt, and immediatly start catching rainbows they were biting so much that for the first hour I didn't even use the reel, just rebait and drop the leader back in, bam! I just kept hauling them in, anything under 21 inches was immediatly thrown back over the beaver dam, by 1:30 I had caught 47 rainbows, I kept the four biggest ones, my friend said I had a smile from ear to ear. you only get to fish like that once in a lifetime, man was it cool!

2. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good time :waytogo:

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I want to go Trout fishing!!!

[​IMG]

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am supposed to go a week from Monday. I can't wait.

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

ehh.... pictures.... Fish story.... :haha: :haha:
    Grant

6. K5Glazier

K5Glazier 1/2 ton status

Glad you had a blast...

Yup, Utah is great for rainbow trout. Did some fishing at Beaver Lake right above the city of Beaver. There is another lake further up the hill, about 2-1/2 miles. (Kent Lake, I think)
    Good road up to Beaver but 4wd only after that. Our motorhome isn't 4wd so we had to hike up in about 1 ft. of snow. This ford 4x passes us, but only to pass them cause they were stuck. :haha: When we got to the lake, it was frozen. :doah: Well, we made some holes and enjoyed reeling in pan sized trout. :D About an hour or two later, here comes that ford. (for some of you that want to know).
    On the way up to this lake, we were joking about how lite the ice chests will be after we drink all the beer, but noooooo, we had caught over 75 keepers and we were taking them home with us. Yes I do know about limits, but we got the nod from the local ranger. We even got some pictures of us all holding two long ass stringers. :D :D
    I,ll get back up there one of these days.
    Joe