Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

all california k5'rs in here

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by GONZO2, Mar 2, 2002.

1. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

all california k5\'rs in here

all those that live in california i need a little help. i may pcs to vandenberg afb (santa barbera county area). i need to know how bad are the emissions regs in cali. my 85 blazer has never been tested since 92 (i bought in philly, which has emissiions regs) montana doesn't have any emissions or state inspection so my wife's 88 has never been under the test either. also my 85 does not have the original engine. the 305 was pitched in favor of a 350.
    my wife's 88 is all stock, low mielage and runs good i would think it should pass.
    i'm worried about my 85 though. thinking maybe i should sell it up here before i even move, just to save the money and hassle of trying to get it to pass.
    any info appreciated, thanks guys

oh yeah one last question. my 99 ta has a cut out in the exaust between the cat and muffler (it has a cap that can be put on) are these legal in cali?

<font color=blue>85 blazer</font color=blue> 4" lift, 35" pro comp mt, locked out back
    <font color=blue>88 blazer</font color=blue>mostly stock
    <font color=blue>99 30th ann. TA</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>79 TA</font color=blue>

2. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Re: all california k5\'rs in here

as far as the 85 goes, im not sure what the laws are regarding out of state vehicles but you may be better off getting rid of it if you have no smog stuff on the engine. They are pretty stiff here. But i recomend that you find out about out of state vehicles to see if the are different standards

My 73 K5 <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/xk5blazerx/73k5.htm>http://www.geocities.com/xk5blazerx/73k5.htm</a> 350/TH350/NP203, Edelbrock intake & carb, Vortec heads, 4" lift, and 36" TSL's

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Re: all california k5\'rs in here

Have fun... This is DMV web site for CA.. It can answer most of your ????
    KLICK