Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

All Data or Mitchel on Demand?

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by Dirty Sanchez, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Dirty Sanchez

Dirty Sanchez Registered Member

I'm looking into one of these software packages, Any one used both and has some input? Any comments welcome. Cheers

2. oldtoyboyd

oldtoyboyd 1/2 ton status

I have both in my shop. All data has more info than mitchell seems to have. Get the online version if you can because of the faster updates and ease of use.
    Daniel

3. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

we use both alldata and mitchell OD here in Wyotech. I have learned to use alldata and find it quite useful. I think it is a little easier to use than mitchell but sometimes when i cant find something i need off of alldata mitchell always has it. So im really not quite sure what program i like better

4. bigblock72

bigblock72 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I use both, Alldata is easier to use and seems to have more usable info. Mitchell has better wiring diagrams, They both are good and sometimes comes down to personal preferance.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

x2

and dont forget . when searching for stuff in there search button area dont always expect to find it with the most comon name its called.

and the other day mitchel screwed us at work on a dodge truck wiper problem. the test section was not linked the best. we found 1 more test in the body control section that should have been in the wiper section. after testing it both times and replacing the suposed parts it still wasnt right. then some digging found the 3rd test and bam that was it.

with that thay need to make them more mechanic friendly with there terms and words we use every day.

6. mike n

mike n 1/2 ton status

AllData.

While you're at it get yourself a membership to Iatn.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

they do, if you work in a brand specific shop. You have to know what the manufacturers call things. Pretty much everything for Fords on AllData is STRAIGHT out of the Ford service manual. Word for word, diagram for diagram, and picture for picture. If Ford calls a sensor something, thats what AllData lists it under.

AllData is extremely easy to use, and if you take some time you quickly learn how to search and find what you need any time. Like noted, sometimes the names of things are strange, or under strange headings, but thats the way the manufacturers do it. AllData is light years easier to use than the Mitsubishi computerized service manual, and is the same info.

Never used the information side of Mitchell, and though I have found a few things here and there that AllData is lacking on, I love the program. I use it more than I do the Ford computerized service info or the Mitsubishi info, and I have both right at the same place next to my bay.

8. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

We use AllData For automotive and Mitchel heavy truck. I like AllData a lot more. Seems quicker and more user friendly. I've never used Mitchel for automotive.

9. Dirty Sanchez

That's a beauuuuty avatar:haha: Cheers

10. Dirty Sanchez

Thanks for all the replys folks, keep em coming:D

11. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

We had Mitchell at Trak Auto when I worked there a while ago. Granted, it was an old version, but just about the only thing useful form is was a few torque specs and TSB notices.

The Chilton paper manuals we had right next to them were used 99% of the time.