Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

All I had was a cresent Wrench

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ryanstrucking, May 5, 2006.

1. ryanstrucking

ryanstrucking 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

K so I went down to the local pick in pull to look for a pair of manual doors for my Blazer. After spending 2 hrs looking at every Chevy the only door I found to be usable was a power door:doah:
    So I'm now on my way to the exit and the loader is coming out of the compound with a mini van, as it passes me I notice its a windstar.......:rolleyes:
    So I turn around and follow him till he unloaded it in the van section and thats when the fun began. It was like someone rang the dinner bell, there was like 4 guys on it as soon as it was dropped by the loader. Luckally they were after wheels and interior as they left me alone under the hood:D So going back for a minute as too why I went there, I was looking for doors and came with only a cresent wrench/ 9/16" wrench and a 3/8 rachet with 9/16" socket.
    so after about 10min. of cursing at the van i finally got down to removing the fans and what a slow process with a 14" cresent wrench trying to spin off a bolt that has a 5/16" head in a very tight spot. So after about 10 more minutes I get the fan out but I want the harness as well and I don't have anything to cut the wires..... Heres where I have to get creative. I found a piece of broken Glass:haha: thats right... and I slowly worked my way through the 4 wires. That part took longer than getting the fans out.
    In the end, for $25 I walked out with a spare windstar fan assembly.
    End of story.

pic may1 024.jpg

2. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

lol

electric fans

odd

ill never understand what the big deal is about them

but still funny story

:D

to bad youre not donw here im about to take a clean pass side manual 81 door to th shreddder im sick of trippin over it and a hood and some other stuff, perfect shape too

good luck

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Why not just get manual window regulators????

4. ryanstrucking

ryanstrucking 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Why not go for manual doors?
    A lot less work, would have to swap out all the inners and get new skins if i was worried about the cosmetics. Plus I figure I'd leave mine for someone else who may want to swap from manual to power as they are in really good shape still.