Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

All i have to say is this

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Apr 17, 2005.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Black Sabbath National Acraobat ,,,ROCKS ROCKS ROCKS !!!!! :cool1: :saweet:

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

my fave Sab tune ever... :waytogo:

so ignored... :(

After Forever and Children rank right up there too...

couple of my good friends have the killer Sab cover band... always fun roadieing for those guys... http://www.sabbracadabra.com/

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

ill check it out ,this new crap there pumping out aint death rock ,,,blink 182 ,YUK!!!! :grin: :D These new "death" lads should stroll there lazy asses down the the music shop ,or take a bus there lol :D and pick up an old black sabbath album , old GEEZER and Little Biwwie ward would knock there asses into the next cetury :haha: :pimp:

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

OOO oo, and UNDER THE SUN is bad arse too :D

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

very true....

Geezer was the genious behind Sab.. most people don't know that.. he wrote the majority of it, musically and lyrically.. my buddie Jeff plays his bass parts and loves it..

one thing i'll say is their band does real well with the young crowd.. surprisingly.. its what keeps them popular, booked and making good money here on the east coast..

sad thing is, they sit there and shout for Iron Man and Paranoid.. wth?!? :confused:

6. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

It must be that there feeble minds cant handle anything more than that :haha: :deal: Rock on brother :saweet: :thumb: :waytogo:

7. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Blink is not now, nor have they ever claimed to be "death metal"
    thats like comparing apples to oranges

8. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Geezer butler would come in with his pimp cane and smack you boy. :D :haha:

I hate blink 182 , sorry if it wasnt polliticly correct for you. BTW apples are fruit, and oranges are fruit, so there in the same category :grin: :waytogo: :thumb:

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Grew up with Black Sabbath...

Black Sabbath was THE metal band in the 70's when I was growing up,and in high school...I have all their cassettes,like "Paranoid","Sabbath Bloody Sabbath","Vol.4","Master Of Reality",etc...some of my favorite tunes are "Children Of The Grave","Sweet Leaf",War Pigs",and "Changes",and "The Wizard",to name a few--I like almost all their songs!-

-I met one guy in the band who lives in a town nearby at my friends drive in theatre years ago,my friend was a complete "Sabbath Head" and was working the gate there one night,we were in the "shack" where you pay to get in--I thought he was having a stroke when he saw the guy pull up in a chevy van,my friend just stared at him for a long time,and finally said:

"Dude!--you look just like a guy in the band Black Sabbath!!--the guy looked at him,and said"Thats because I AM!--and handed us a few guitar picks!(I cant remember his name,I think it was Tony Iommi,or something like that??)--anyhow,he was pretty cool--he parked way back in the last row,and an odor of "sweet leaf" drifted from his van,and we were warned if the van was rocking,to not come knocking! :blush: We thought it was cool to have met him,but we didn't get to really talk much to him...

I like Ozzie too,but I think he was best in his Sabbath days,he had a few good tunes on his own,but the ones I know best are the classic Black Sabbath ones....I dont think ANY of the metal bands since can hold a candle to them...all imitators of the "real deal"....

And you guys probably think all I listenned to was Bluegrass and Country music huh??? :surepal: :haha: actually, I was a rock and roll fan for many years too--Zeppelin,Who,Bad Company,Deep Purple,Jethro Tull,Foriener,AC/DC,Moody Blues,Emerson,Lake,and Palmer,Areosmith,Boston,ZZ Top,Creedence Clearwater Revival,Pink Floyd,Steve Miller Band,Guess Who,Allman Bros,Doobie Bros,Peter Frampton,and many others were the soundtrack to my high school days..I still listen to them once in a while..just to feel like an old fahht! :crazy: I think the music has gone downhill in recent years overall--they dont make music like they used too... :crazy:

10. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

DATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!! :D Ive been getting into the songs i really never paid attention to before , its like all new again :)