Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

All I see are little DOTS help

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Highlander, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I got up this morning to find that the wife had mess with something on the puter I'm only getting 16bit color, I know I has 24 true color or maybe it was 24 bit true color anyway all I see is 16, 256, 16 bit high color. and when I click on the 256 to move the pix to 800x640 or something like that as soon as I ciick it I can see it go right back to 16 color After it restarts it still the 16 color /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif what the hell can I do about this.

Eric

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Go to the control panel and select the "display" icon. Select the settings tab.
    Change the color setting down near the bottom, on mine I have it set to "True color, 32 bit"...click "Apply".

Rene

3. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I was doing that but when I would hit Apply it go right back to the 16 color.
    But it's fix now My wifes GF fixed it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't know she did but it worked.
    Thanks again Rene

Eric

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Is anyone else having this problem lately? I turned my puter on and it was all fizucked up. Several hrs later its 99% normal but not totally.

I just think its strange that 2 computers that frequent this site have the same strange problem in a matter of days.

I AM NOT BLAMING CK5! Might be a link we went to or something?