Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

All K5Blazer and Chevy Truck Owners please help!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChevyMud77, Jun 2, 2001.

1. ChevyMud77

ChevyMud77 Registered Member

Hey, what's up? My name is Kevin Anderson and I am an Engineering student at PennState University. For my senior year project each group has to design a simulation game of some kind. I already posted this before, but I am getting close to the deadline and really need some help guys...Email me if you can help me out.
    My group is making an off-road racing simulation game. We got most of the graphics done and I have to work on the sound track. Maybe you could help me out...Do you have a video camera? I need the sounds of the truck for the digital soundtrack, mainly the motor.
    All you have to do is start up the truck and rev it up and maybe drive it a little bit. It's real simple. The game is just a school project, but I can give you a copy when it is all done...
    Here is what I need done:
    There are 3 main parts to the video, in every part KEEP THE CAMERA ON THE GAS THE WHOLE TIME! If you can, this would be a great help, switch shoes for everyone scene. If you can wear just sox for the starting part, sneakers for the revving, and boots for the driving part that would make it easier for me to go through the tape and tell what is what.
    The first part I need is the starting part. Start the camera and show how you have to pump the gas to get it started and then rev it up to keep it going and warm it up. If the truck floods or stalls at all thats perfect, I can use those sounds too!!
    The next part is the revving part. Sit in the truck and just rev it up, the more you can get on it the better, the louder the better. Just rev it up like you normally would, you dont have to do it slow or anyway differant. If you can, really get on it.
    The final part is the driving part. If you can have someone tape you driving it. If you can floor it and really get on it that would be cool. If you can get about 10-15 minutes total of tape that would be perfect, or if you get more that is cool. We can use anything. If you know anyone with a cool truck like yours or if a buddy wants to help you out make some more tape that way. If you want to get anything else cool on the tape go ahead to, shots of you and your truck, smokin up the tires, or just playin' thats all good too. All in all its pretty easy to do. If you have any other questions let me know.
    When you are done send the tape to:
    Kevin Anderson
    P.O. Box 9022
    Erie, PA 16505-8022
    chevymud77@aol.com

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Go to www.race-dezert.com and post on the message board. There's some off-road racers that hang out there. Should be able to get some good input.

"Liberals ain't mean, they just don't have any common sense!"

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Are you looking for just audio or video? Audio is pretty easy to get, just go search google for engine SFX and download em.

Ratch
    **<A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5.8m.com>http://k5.8m.com</A> What more is there to life?**

4. moneypit_K5

moneypit_K5 1/2 ton status

foot fetish???

this guy has emailed me about two different chevs ive been selling. the first truck i sold he told me he was interested, but had had problems with the gas pedal being rusty, and wanted me to take a few pictures of it for him. I told him mine was fine, and if it was a deal breaker i would buy him a brand new one. never heard back.

now im selling a different truck, he just emailed me and told me hes had issues twith them not being milled right, and not going to the floor. this time I told him to F himself, theres nothing wrong with either one.

so I googled his email, and looks like he posted on ck5 here. about photos of gas pedals. what a nutjob. anybody know this guy?

5. jt512

jt512 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i was flipping around on ebay a few months ago and remember seeing a truck or blazer that the seller had added in a vid. of himself starting and revving the truck because some guy asked him to. the vid was shot of his foot, the potential "buyer" asked him to show the pedal and his foot in the vid, gotta be the same goofball your talking about!

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

That's kinda creepy. OK, beyond creepy.

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Creepy enough that I remember this thread...some weird foot fetish maybe? :crazy:

Rene

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

9. moneypit_K5

""Hey nice truck you got for sale, I really love these older Chevys.

With some of the past chevy trucks I had, had a lot of problems with the gas pedal. The plastic pedal pad part you step on looks like it was made wrong so the pedal wouldnt actually go all the way down to the floor. I want to check this out on your truck before I make an offer, could you possibly get some better pictures of the gas pedal and email them to me? Sorry for all the questions and requests. I am not local I am a couple hours away or else I would just come check this out in person.

Looks like a great truck.

Thanks. ""

heres his latest email, I'll see if I can find the one from about 6 months ago about a different truck i was selling.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  10. moneypit_K5

""Hey nice truck. I always had a lot of rust problems on the floors of my older trucks on the drivers side floor right below the pedals. Especially the gas pedal and even the metal part on the pedal would start rusting. Can you get me a few pics of the drivers side floor and pedals in this truck so that I can check it out? You can email them to me if its easier than posting them on here. Thanks!"""

so, the first time he emailed me, it was from this address. "jrock80@aol.com". different email, but its hard to forget. You guys should google both of those emails, this guy is all over the place...

jrock80@aol.com and chevymud77@aol.com

11. greedyg76

greedyg76 Registered Member

wierd, the same guy asked me if i could send him some pics of my bare foot on the gas pedal with painted toe nails....

12. greedyg76

greedyg76 Registered Member

I also like how this thread went 7 years without a reply until Moneypit bumped it...

13. Randy92782

Randy92782 1 ton status

This is the creepiest thread yet :crazy:

14. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I recently received a similar request on my YouTube account.

15. throttleissues

throttleissues 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I think that wierdo has a truck and foot fetish or something. He's irritating as hell, and can't seem to understand plain English.:doah:

16. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Just to give him the benefit of the doubt even though all he needs is te sound, he wants to be able to identify the sound from the video when editing it to add to the video they already made.
    I could be wrong and he's a sick B.... But he could be legit too.
    :confused:

17. Randy92782

Randy92782 1 ton status

I'm gonna guess that since this guy has been asking for this video for 8 years he's a sick son of a bitch ;)

18. moneypit_K5

I agree completely. How could it be anything other than that after 8 years?

Maybe once you give him a video, he finds you and cuts off your go foot to mount in his gas pedal room under his house. It could happen!:eek1:

19. Randy92782

Randy92782 1 ton status

:haha::haha::haha:You could've atleast took your boot off and painted your toenails :haha:haha:

20. moneypit_K5

well how would I know its his color? Isnt that like painting a house to sell it? its best not to do anything wild, the new owners might not like it...:haha::haha: