Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

All of you creative thinkers, help me out with suggestions here...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NightRider, Jul 5, 2003.

1. NightRider

NightRider 1/2 ton status

Alright, my problem is a squeeky, and i mean high pitch squeek that is no longer dealable with cause ive delt w/ it for the past 3 months and I've had enough, noise that is in my cab right behind my head on the drivers side. It started squeeking a week after I put on my soft top, and just trust me on this...I know for a FACT it is in the cab above my head, its approximately right above where my seat head rest is. It makes the noise when i accelerate and when i go over bumpy roads. Ive tried removing all the soft top hardwear and that doesnt work. I've tried filling my screw holes with that spray foam stuff to try and lodge whatever piece of metal it is thats moving, but for some reason it seems worse now...maybe its just my head? Man, ANY suggestions that I can try are very appreciative, cause this noise isnt something you can just forget about, its not constant and its loud...think of a chalkboard /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Thanks again for any suggestions.

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

might sound odd... but try greasing where the tailgate mounts to the bed...

3. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

crack somehwere in the pillar sheetmetal perhaps?... when the top is on its a solid integral unit with the body.. when its off the body can flex more??? perhaps...
    definately need a second ear to pinpoint while you drive and the noise is apparent... you may end up with the body saw opening up the roof... just to find it
    hope this lets you look at something before insanity sets in
    cam

4. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

my truck does the same thing when I flex it out hard in one direction with the top off. I get a little chirping noise right over my head. What I found it to be was the factory "roll bar" (built inside of the body) got tweaked a bit from flexing so I just twisted the sh!t out of it in the other direction and it went away! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

crank ur stereo.

j

6. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Spray the whole thing with WD40 /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Prevent rust and stop squeaks all in 1 shot

7. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

"if you can hear your truck making noise, your exhaust aint loud enough"-CHEVY4WD

8. NightRider

NightRider 1/2 ton status

thanks a lot, and my duals are loud, but not when im coasting! these irok's arent too noisy either.