Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

All right guys who's home!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Moose, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

All right guys who\'s home!

Well lets have stats how did the Arizona boys do?

2. baod9101

baod9101 Registered Member

Re: All right guys who\'s home!

Well lets see, I was given a new nick name that should tell you something...Strap On...

Actually the AZ boys did good in my opinion, as for me, I broke lotsa stuff /forums/images/icons/frown.gif
    Brian...with the front wheel drive Blazer
    aka "Strap On"

3. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

DAMN. Nice nickname. What was the problem Need lockers

4. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The wife and I are back - had a great time.
    Met a lot of people for the first time and a lot of AZ guys I hadn't met yet too.
    Smashed a steering stabalizer, bent a wheel rim, taco'ed my front fender, a few chunks of rubber gone from the tires and a couple of sidewall cuts. Truck went everywhere I pointed it. Of course I didn't point it everywhere:-)

Truck ran fast and true on the way home. No shakes or shimmies. Can't wait to go back someday. It was our first time there.

5. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I rolled my truck on Hells Revenge (my fault...playing too hard).
    Truck worked flawlessly on Saturdays Rusty Nail. Even got to strap a few 42 inched "better equipped" rigs up some of the obstacles. Carbs suck... enough said. Ran Hells Revenge on Sunday and the truck had a problem laying on its side L.O.L. I had a small hole on my high pressure line to the steering pump develop. We replaced it on Sunday before Hells Revenge. Thanks to all who rescued me while on my side. Marv, Rob, Fred, Russ, Keith and the others are all great fellas and deserve praise and gratitude. Thanks for pushing me and my rig to our limits. I can't wait to wheel again with you all. I just need to figure out my damn electrical shite.
    juan

6. Haulgas

Haulgas 1/2 ton status

I'm back and all I got was some new body stripes and my tow strap is a little longer thank's to Strap-On /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Had a great time and can't wait for the next one.... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

7. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Ahem...thats more than a stripe or two on the right rear quarter MR..... thanx for the K5 NASCAR action on the way out... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Azblazer

8. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Damon...he broke a right front warn hub...stripped it...at or around the same time he toasted the rear driveshaft...i loaned him a hub...and between me winching him over the hard stuff and Haulgas tow straping him we got him out of there....kinda reminded me of havin Butchy around...lol. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Azblazer

9. Haulgas

Haulgas 1/2 ton status

Next time I might let you get in front of me /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif NOT....
    Take care of yourself and keep in touch. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

10. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

PICS!!! Where are the pics at?

Damn, sounds like I missed a good time. Sounds like you all had a little to much fun. Wish I could have made that run, but the truck is still a work in progress. Hell, I don't even have four wheel drive right now.

When is the next local AZ run? I hope to have all my problems solved by then, but at least it would give me a date to shoot for. Later

Harley

11. blender

blender Registered Member

doug, i ended up with a bunch of jack whacker beer in my icechest when i got home!!!! im sure my curiosity will get the better of me and i'll have to try it, so the next time we get together the beers on me. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif got my new driveline on today now just have to figure out my starting problem (yes i finally shut it off). had a great time up there and it was good to see you again , keep your eyes out for any good jobs up there in colorado for me it was 112 degrees today back here in phoenix (im getting to old for this) /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

12. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I'm back, and it was a blast. AZ guys did great, the trails up there aren't generally as tough as many around here. The only exception was Upper Helldorado which resembles a nasty AZ trail displaced into Utah.

13. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Damn the whole Az crew was there. I wish I could have mad it but I couldn't take that time off and this weekend too. Azblazer (Dougie) dude answer your phone. Well guys glad you all had a blast next year I hope.