Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

all right my CANADIAN BROTHERS???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Jan 29, 2006.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

how good is your health care?being in michigan i have heard that you have to wait for months for an operation and such.were as we can get it done and pretty much never pay the bill.i have ins through work but it cost me about $180.00 a month.whats it like for real? daryl

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Very simply, I pay under $100 a month for family coverage under Alberta Health Care and my company plan combined. I can visit a hospital or a doctor's office 10 times a day if I want and never get charged. I can choose my own doctor. The few times Kim had to go in for surgery she waited no more than a week and paid ZERO dollars for it.

That's it, in a nutshell..........

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I pay $8 a month more than Paul...but other than that the experience has been the same.

I've heard some surgery can take a while though, but couldn't give you any hard numbers. When my Dad needed surgery due to Cancer he was in the operating room in less than three days. I'm sure elective stuff comes with longer wait times.

Rene

5. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

Yep, my canadian brothers are correct. For some smaller stuff, you may have to wait a little (mri's and such) ... but if you're in real trouble, you will be in the room in a second and never pay a cent.

6. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

We need a health care system like that here in the U.S., but greedy doctors, profit hungry drug companies, HMO's, and lawsuit happy lawyers will martyr themselves before they allow it.

7. gauder

gauder Banned

I work in a hospital here. No problems here. If you are in need, you're not going to wait.

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i pay nothing, and never go to the doc, well not true, i dont pay but they take all my money anyway.

work has a plan too, covers part of the stuff that healthcarer doesent, dentist, glasses, ciropractor, massage, and other health products, perscriptions, orthopidic insoles, ect.

9. boggerless

insoles :haha: :haha: thanks guys,i was just wondering. i hear all kinds o crap and wanted to hear it first hand. CANMORE you pay alot less than i do,i'm over 2 a month and still have a copay.:mad: DAVE thats funny,insoles.:laugh: :laugh:

10. BigDummy89K5

BigDummy89K5 Registered Member Author

$180 a month for health insurance is not that bad. I've heard of people paying alot more down below. When my son was 2 and sick in the hospital for 2 weeks, with 2 operations and all the tests and scans you can think of, it only makes you appreciate health care. My wife just had a defibrillator put in at a cost of $50 000.00 to the Canadian taxpayer, it only can make me say thank you. I get extended health through work so all is good. Even is you make $40 000 or less, health care is free in Canada. Trust me, I know!

11. gauder

gauder Banned

And we need to keep it that way!

12. boggerless

i hope your wife is doing good!i'm not from CANADA bro but i'm close. DETROIT area.what are you paying in taxes?i'm between 19 and 23 percent.and i still pay for medical, but i can never pay the bill and not really affect me.we have a liberal ER. just show up and whine and you get treatment.