Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

All the spring swap threads now I can't decide

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mtnman210, Sep 7, 2005.

1. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] Ok the time has come in my build to get some springs.
    The specs are:
    It's for a 77 blazer. It's gonna have a fairly torquey 454, a th400 trans, and a 205tcase. I've got a 2in body lift on it and want about a 6in spring to go with it. also it gonna have a 14bolt with 4.88's or 5.13's and detroit and a dana 60 w/4.88's or 5.13's and haven't decided if I want it locked yet. And I'm going with 39.5's boggers.
    So my question is what kind of front springs would anybody recomend for this setup. It will be mostly a mud/desert terrain truck but occasionaly see some technical trails. I'm trying to decide between 47in 6in lift spring and move them forward myself or getting a 2in lift 52in spring. My main concern with the 52's would be axle wrap with the 454.
    [/font][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    [/font][/font]

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

3. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

WHOA!!!! Thats AWESOME of you to put those all together like that:bow::bow: