Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

All Ya` Diesel Boys

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by stephan van leir, Nov 4, 2000.

1. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

I just finished installing Peninsular Diesel`s adjustable glow plug controler. It`s getting cold up here at 9000ft now so hard starts are getting to be part of my morning. The controler is timeable so that you`r system will produce only the amount of glow plug tempature that you`r engine needs. I have alread seen a improvment in cold starts. You can reach Peninsular at www.peninsular engines.com. Sorry but I don`t know how to do those cool links that you guys are always putting up.

2. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

ya know Stephan there is a GM diesel home page for 6.2s and 6.5s, they cover the duramax too. I would consider joining them, they are very knowledgeable and helpful. I'm sure they would be able to help you. As for your controller, I'm clueless.......js

3. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I think he's already a member...and speaking of that Steve...can you send me them "cold starting tips" that you were going to send me and that I think I need em now!!!

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    http://SK-15.coloradok5.com

4. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

Hi to all you oil burnerers, Been to Penninsular a couple of times, cool place. They are only about 20 miles from me here in Detroit. If anyone needs GM diesel junk I would sure check them out before anyone else! I have owned 7 GM diesels, and I converted all of them to manual glow plug operation. You are able to "tailor" your glow plug operation to the temprature, and you'll NEVER replace a componant in the glow plug curcuit again!

5. Steve_87K5

Steve_87K5 1/2 ton status

Got my intake manifold and inj lines from Peninsular. They have new take-off parts for 6.5 at
    reasonable prices.

Is anyone running a nonwastegated turbo on an otherwise stock 6.5 TD ?

SteveB

6. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Do you know what the price of this is right off hand. I'm having some troubles with the glow plugs on my '90 and I've pretty much tracked it down to the stock controller so I need a replacement.

7. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

Hi Steve, Well, put a 6.5 turbo (manual inj.) in my outfit. Was getting ALL mixed up with what the GURUs were saying on the diesel page about the manual wastgate controler from the vans, and such, so I just wired mine closed (used stainless steel wire,) havn't had any trouble in 3 years. Good Luck, Gopherkiller