Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Allergies

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bobalob, Jan 1, 2006.

1. bobalob

bobalob 1/2 ton status

As I write this I am suffering the undesirable effects of indulging in one of my favorite snacks, the super delicious almond:bow: . Even though I know the outcome I continue to munch away and try to get as much enjoyment as possible before it all turns to ****e:( . Fortunately I have not had a life threating allergic reaction since I was a kid but it always produces a moderate level of discomfort and I was wondering do other folks out there have allergies they refuse to accept? I have found that if I toast the almond thoroughly it will not produce a reaction:confused: but I prefer them raw. Another one is peanut butter (almost died eating my first pb and j samwich) but I am not bothered by peanuts:dunno:. If I even touch one of those disgusting mobile garbage filters of the waterways(all seafood) I break out in hives and my hands swell to the point my skin splits when I try to bend my fingers:eek: . Fried chicken also kicks my ass, I can't drive by a KFC whithout getting sick, and yet chicken prepared any other way is fine. My allergies seem to be constantly fluctuating with no rhyme or reason (all of a sudden avacodos bother me now:crazy: ) so there is often no way to isolate and determine the cause of a reaction. So do yall have any quirky allergies and if so how do you combat them?

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Do you ever get a reaction from other fried foods like you do from fried chicken? I get wierd reactions from foods with certain oils and almost all fried foods, but I haven't been able to figure out exactly what it is. We had a fry daddy, and if I walked in the house hours after my wife used it, I'd start sweating, get groggy, and my face and eyes would swell.

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

eggs give me BAD gas for days... but i LOVE me some deviled eggs. you kinda learn to accept your "own brand"...

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I'm lactose intolerant. Although I keep eating it daily, I'm always sick. :mad:

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Same here but cheese is worth cramping up and bleeding internally...:laugh:

6. bobalob

bobalob 1/2 ton status

Nope only fried chicken, but certain types/brands of motor oil will cause a reaction:crazy: . My gf cannot eat eggs either (never inquired what symptons are but if excessive gas is involved I don't want to know:eek1: ) and if I was lactose intolerant there is no way I could kick my cheese habit:( ( can you aleviate symptoms by adding the enzyme to your diet?). Because of the Russian roulette nature of my affliction, as a kid I was often forced to ingest or come into contact with allergens by friends parents, teachers, and occasionally even my own parents who saw it as an excuse to not eat foods I didn't like:mad: . I have tried all the hippie made and grown organic products/produce and other than spending a fortune on it ( I think you need to be a freakin gazillionare to be a hippie these days with all :D ) I experienced no changes.

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I have to drink lactose free milk but I can handle most cheeses in small amounts...

8. bobalob

bobalob 1/2 ton status

As a teen I once got stoned and ate a giant bowl of melted mozzerella and pepperjack garnished with some Tillamook medium sharp cheddar yummm:bow: , it also makes my top ten list of most horrifying puking experiences:eek1: .

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I drink soy milk most of the time.

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I tried that for awhile it gave me worse cramp and nasty gas...

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I just use it on serial.

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I bet it goes good on cereal too...;)