Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Allergies

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTChevy, May 30, 2006.

1. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I left home to go to a friends house for a month. Its in the middle of nowhere with nothing surrounding it. Ever since i got here ive been sneezing a lot, all plugged up, and dry dry eyes. What is the best bet? Run into town for some allegra? any replies appreciated...

2. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Benadryl works good but it makes me sleeeeeeeepy.

3. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

buy the off brand of allegra same stuff as allegra but cheaper

4. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

X2 on that!!! I dont know what it is, but benadryl knocks me out. Ive taken a million different medicines and no other makes me as tired as Benadryl. I take 24 hour Claritin durning allergy season and it works perfect for me.

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Maybe see the local Dr. and see if he'll give you a small presrciption of Singulair... Used to have bad allergies. But since I've been taking singulair for my asthma, my allergies have subsided and are almost gone. They are advertising Singulair alot fro allergies around here and not just asthma anymore.

6. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

im having an allergie fit right F'n now damnit!:mad:

7. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

I'm having a 6 pack of pacifico right now:D

8. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I actually had one of those tonight too, allergies didn't stop that. :D

9. MTChevy

I guess I'll run into town today and see what i can find. Thanks guys

10. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

I like allovert, works for me.

Remington

11. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 60 mg
    Triprolidine hydrochloride 2.5 mg

This stuff works great. I have the generic version, but on the box it says to compare to the active ingredients of Actifed Cold & Allergy

It makes me sleepy, but it works well.

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I've got pretty bad allergies during spring and summer months to pollen, dust, etc. Fall and winter see less problems with the allergies as the cold kind of kills the pollen, etc.
    Claritin works damn good for me now. I've been on shots before but kind of outgrew that stuff. Now most OTC drugs won't work for me but when I tried out Claritin, that stuff has me breathing like normal again even after being exposed to dust, etc. :bow:

13. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Where theres allergies, theres a very high chance there will be asthma. I found out as I've had allergies since I was a small kid. Still have them and always will.
    It wasn't until about 7 or 8 years ago I found out I had asthma. Turns out after high school, I quit running and exercising and that lead to laziness which in turn gained me asthma. Never knew I had it until I went to get a physical done for a job and the doctor did some testing on my breathing. Was an eye opener as they say asthma is more related to heart problems and my mothers side of the family has a long history of heart problems.
    I got on Singulair and immediately quit having the attacks at night from coughing and wheezing. Even the ex-wife commented out my breathing sounded terrible at night. Took the Singulair and everything was good again.
    Now I'm divorced and have been working out, lifting and running, I've got my heart rate up again and breathing much better. I've been off Singulair for over 5 months now and do not need it again for now. I've read and heard that if you exercise routinely, and keep your heart rate up, you will "outgrow" the asthma and not have to rely on drugs again.
    I'm glad I'm not on the Singulair as it was a drug I had to pay the full amount for at the RX store. No co-pay will cover it. My last prescriptions were costing me around $90 per month. Now being in shape and exercising again, thats $90 saved to my pockets. :bow:

14. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

your allergy thread seems to be growing so here you go......

pad

15. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Allergies have to be the worst thing on the planet:mad: I never had them till I was about 19, but since them every May/June is a living hell. This year is the worst ever, but the Doc said because I was onboard the ship during this time last year and wasn't exposed to allergens my body is going to react harshly this year:mad: GREAT:rolleyes: To top it off my body builds immunity to the allergy drugs every year. I have done them all, and now nothing works. I find itchy/watery nose/eye relief from flonase which allows me to at least function daily. I got presrcibed Claratin again this year despite my pleading with the Doc that it doesn't work for me anymore. I have been eating them like ****in skittles all month with very little relief from my symptoms:mad: Benadryl works for me, but yeah knocks me out. Great at night..not so good working around aircraft:rolleyes: Little better up here in Alaska so far I think due to the air quality over the central valley of CA:rolleyes: My allergy season is almost over though.:laugh: :laugh:

16. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

Maybe you are low on potassium, have a banana:D .

17. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have a banana for breakfast a few days a week after i go to the gym thank you very much my potasium is just fine:haha: :D

18. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i just started using claritin and it actually works for me. nothing else does the trick except benadryl and thats only cause it knocks my ass out and i don't notice the allergies at that time!

19. MTChevy

well i got some claritin and it kinda works, I'll keep using it and see what happens...