Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Allied Beadlocks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Shaggy, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Just wondering if anyone here has used the Allied beadlock wheels. I've found them for $169 in any size, which seems like a pretty good deal. I was originally going to go with the Eatons, but I think that I'd feel a bit more comfortable with the 32 bolts instead of 18. I'd go with the Trail Ready wheels, but I really don't like the look of that massive ring, plus they are a bit more expensive. Any other brands I should look at? They have to be steel to fit on the D60 though, since I'm going to run 15s. Any opinions, comments, or experiences would be appreciated, especially on the Allieds.

Also, I was planning on 15x10 for my 38x15 Sqamper Radials, but when these tires wear out I'll be going to 42x15. I'm 99% sure that 15x10s will be fine, but it can't hurt to get more opinions. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif </font color>

2. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Ya might want to check out MRT. They are what everyone around here is running. A little expensive but from what I've heard there worth it. And they make the kit that you can weld on to your own rims, if ya know how, to keep the cost down. Any way there a high quality product that I will be putting on my trail only Blazer soon. Later

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Cool, hadn't seen that review. Yes, they are definately real beadlocks. Check this one out, these are the same wheels, branded as "High Impact".

So obviously nobody runs these. For those of you that run beadlocks, I have some questions, if you don't mind.

What brand do you run, and what, if any, problems have you had?

Do you use them on the street at all? I don't have a tow rig so I have to drive to trails, sometimes as far as 200 miles to get to Pismo. I know they aren't legal, but I think they should be safe. Opinions?

So far my options are, in order of likelyhood that I'll buy them - Allied, MRT 36 holes, Trail Ready, and Eaton.

</font color>

5. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

I have a set of Trail Readys in a 16.5 x 10. Had them for about six months. I also have to drive to the trails, and they have worked great so far. They don' t leak, and the rings have held up better than I could have expected. Just a few dings, but no problems with smashed bolt heads, or leaks b/c of the ring deflecting.

I don't drive it much, but I make sure and check the bolts before every trip. Haven't had one loosen up yet. They haven't been balanced yet, so the ride is a little rougher than it was, but I plan on adding some BB's to see if it helps. But, the tires are swamper TSL's so balancing is probably a waste of time anyway.

BIGJ

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I'm planning on using Equal in mine, I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with one of their tech reps yesterday asking all the questions under the sun about the stuff. I also have a nearly unlimited supply of mouse balls /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif. No, not that kind, the ones from computer mice that are real heavy and rubber coated. A half dozen of those might work pretty good too.</font color>

7. FWP

FWP CRS

Shaggy has mouse balls..... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yeah, I guess I was asking for that one. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif So I take it from the distinct lack of response to this thread that nobody is running beadlocks? </font color>