Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

allison tranny housing failure!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigchiefmudder, Oct 9, 2005.

1. bigchiefmudder

bigchiefmudder Registered Member

:( :( So about 2 hours ago i took my 01 silverado for a drive, why i can't even remember. I got out on the highway kinda gave it some gas ( i didn't have it anywhere near the floor but anybody who has a big block will agree its hard to stay out of it). I was treated to loud bang and then clang-clang-clang-clang. Hmm not good so i pull over and as i stop smoke rolls. Well its not gear lube so it must be atf. So after a long slow drive home i roll under the truck to see atf EVERYWHERE :( Now its miller time. i let the truck and mfslef cool off and crawl under to find a large crack in the housing and the transmission right in front of where the transfer case what a nice suprise. What i would like to know does anybody have a bad experiences with this allison 5 speed. I've never been mean to this thing. Any of you service guys see this? I have a 100,000 warranty that i bought with the truck when it was new hopefully it will be covered. Any thoughts or prayers would greatly help i will take pics in the daylight