Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

almost a score...but fooled again

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Jul 31, 2005.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

so im talking to this guy about GM trucks and blazers when he says, "hey you know anyone that would like a blazer challet(sp) camper?" i calmly said, "how much?" he says "come get it out of my way and its yours" i say, "ill follow you there now". so im driving along thinking things over. cool a free challet camper for a blazer. sure it will probably need work but still an awesome find. we drive for almost an hour out into the middle of nowhere. we get to his house and theres a big barn. he says he needs to get the keys to the barn so i wait. im exited now, its in a barn maybe its in good shape, i think to myself.
    the guy appears by the barn (musta slipped out the back door of his house) so i hurry over to him. he throws open the door and tada! its a plain old 12' slide in camper for a long bed truck. i look it over anyway and its in great shape its a "champion" brand and has the bathroom. so i tell him ill come by next week and pick it up he says thats fine he will leave the barn unlocked and put the title and stuff just inside the door cuz he has to go out of town for a week. so in the end i guess its still a score just not as cool as it first appeared.

balzer

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Well heck, free is free! I would have took it too.

There is one of those Blazer campers around here that I see now and then. The guy still drives it a,most every day.

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

well congrats on yer free camper just the same. been a while sincei seen a pic of a chalet. never sen one in person. they look cool though

4. sportbronco

sportbronco Newbie

seen them on blazerchalet.com but high dollar items. Saw one when many years ago driving down to the Texas coast ( Port A )