Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Almost burnt my house down!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Jul 17, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Okay heres the dealio:

I was making frozen for a late night snack... so I take it out of the freezer, bring it upstairs and pre-heat the oven. Then I open the pizza box it comes in and take it out. I take the plastic covering off and put it in the oven, 25 minutes later I come back and take it out of the oven. Then I turn the oven off.
    I let it sit for 5 minutes to cool, then when I go to cut it, I have a REALLY hard time cutting it, after I cut it in half I notice a dark brown thing underneath it. IT WAS CARDBOARD STUCK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PIZZA! I was lucky it never caught fire /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

That is all, good night

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I like pie.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You'd a been allright , would of burnt away with the door shut. It gets much hotter on self clean when you basically burn away the dirt anyway /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

ooh okay. goood /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

You're lucky... The last THREE times I've tried making a frozen pizza I set off the fire alarm... And it's one of the ones wired into the wall, so I have no way of shutting it off, just open all the windows, get a couple fans going, and hold my hand over the speaker...

It also happened last time I tried to make bacon... Just a few months ago I was a master at making both things, I don't know why all of a sudden I suck ass... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

i've done the exact same thing before. My girl still laughs at me for it.....geez. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    And it's one of the ones wired into the wall, so I have no way of shutting it off,

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres a circuit breaker or fuse in your fusebox/panel marked range /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Steve.....

I dunno, go do something dangerous and get hurt pretty well, pint of blood loss minimum, that will put things in perspective

9. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Steve.....

I dunno, go do something dangerous and get hurt pretty well, pint of blood loss minimum, that will put things in perspective

[/ QUOTE ]

here here! then go drinking with less blood it will be cheaper to get drunk /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

That's why i have my wife cook all my meals /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    And it's one of the ones wired into the wall, so I have no way of shutting it off,

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres a circuit breaker or fuse in your fusebox/panel marked range /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He meant the smoke alarm is wired in...in other words, he can't yank the battery to get it to turn off.