Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Almost camping season. thinking about buying mini RV

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bckinblk, Feb 15, 2004.

1. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

Looking for a mini rv .Like the chevy tioga. half van half camper..Does anyone here have one?? Anny suggestions ??It would need to fit 2 adults and 2 small kids .Thanks in advance for any info. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Are you talking about a van conversion like this? I honestly don't think there's enough room in one of these suckers for a family of four......

I used to do lots of trailering before I bought my rec property. The one thing I learned from people who owned class "C" motorhomes and conversion vans is that they're a real pain in the butt when you have to run to town to pick up supplies. With a TT or a 5er, your tow rig becomes your transportation after you drop the trailer. With a conversion van, you have to basically pack up every time you want to leave the campground.

Just a little something to think about. I think conversion vans are better suited for two people, brother.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I had smaller one. I have a family of 4. It was too crowded. Sold it. Better off in a tent.
    If you want one get one around 22' There is adaquate room for 4 in one that size. You can still get around towns fairly well in it also.

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Suggestion?

Tent trailer. Best thing we have bought.........plus you get to pull it with your pride and joy. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

I hear ya .But we have been doing the pop up tent thing for years .My k5 was used as a tent many times /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifIt would basicly be for my wife and kids.I usually pass out by the fire . /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifIt was an early 80's chevy tioga camper I saw .It was plenty big for us .It looked like they stretched a van and added a sleeper on top ..Anyone here have one of these???

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Suggestion?

Tent trailer. Best thing we have bought.........plus you get to pull it with your pride and joy. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    someday id like to get one of those /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

You should look for a toyota chinook, those things kick ass. You can very easily put a small block checy in place of the 6 popper. Do a search on ebay under chinook camper but type it in exactly like this;
    chinook* motor* home*

John