Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Almost done shaving the 14 bolt

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Sep 12, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

So much fun, I can't wait to do the rest of the fun stuff on the K5. Used a sawzall, hack saw, and big old angle grinder. need a new disc or I would be done. My back hurt when I was done cause I was bent over the axle for about 30 minutes straight. Shaved to about the "washer" part of the bolt and plan on going just a tiny bit more and rouding the bottom of the housing as much as I can. I really want to start crawling and trail riding so ground clearance will be a plus.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    My back hurt when I was done cause I was bent over the axle for about 30 minutes straight.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Here's a hint from an old man: /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Get a stool or bucket to sit on and you won't have to bend over when you work on stuff like that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah it was one of those cases where I figure oh I will just do it for like a minute then come back to it some other time. When I really thought about how long it took me, I was at it for an hour! haha

4. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Here's some pics of mine-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gained almost an inch, and of course, the lip is gone. Thats the best part. Good that you're doin the same. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

did the samething as me too, shaving other parts like ribbing and all as well.

6. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    shaving other parts like ribbing and all as well

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a good idea...at least in some parts. Basically the only one I would think to get rid of is the one that runs along the bottom of the housing to the pinion...but WHY?!?! Put the grinder down, it's fine. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I always go overboard /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thats the only one I did any rael grinding on. And just like smoothed the casting ridge as I can see KidJethro did. I have a lot of work left on the lip. People yell at me a lot cause I just sit and slave over little meaningless crap for like hours. Like when I do a motor swap if the motor is dirty i spend hours with a can of carb cleaner and a rag just scrubbing it.

8. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I did mine the easy way....

[​IMG]

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

cheater... if only I had a mill, so much I would use that for.