Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Almost done! Sliders and undercoating installed! **PICS**

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by KRAZIE87K5, May 6, 2002.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Saturday and Sunday were spent stripping the truck, painting it all up with Dupli-Color bedliner (ROLL ON! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif), and installing the Toybox sliders... which only took 2 guys, and 2 drill bits to complete! *still weak in the arms* Check this link:

http://community.webshots.com/album/37383919iwEERO

But who cares! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I love it! I think it looks very cool! Now I just need to get the tranny in... and I'm muddin again! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

I found a very sweet mudding place locally, right behind the IL state trooper station in Elgin, IL. I was never too sure about this place being legal, but Sunday there must have been 12 trucks out there when we pulled up... my bud proptly parked his Heep in the pasty stuff, where he had to be pulled out by a K5! What irony... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

-Dan

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

looks good!!

Bryan

3. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Dan, The truck looks better ever time I see it. Nice job well done. By the way, I finally got my Ford D60 HP axle from HD Dave or actually his brother Steve a while back and he did a great job for me. I have not heard anything from him since he got out of the hospital so I guess I better give him a call. Anyway you did a great job.

4. KRAZIE87K5

Thanks Bill! Glad to hear you got your axle! Also glad to hear that Dave is outta the hospital... man... that whole thing is horrible. I feel so bad for him. Too wierd after just meeting him and his GF... they seemed very cool. Happy to hear he's getting better.

Get some pics up! Are you coming to Moab this year with that sweet axle? I saw that housing in his warehouse when I picked up my 60 in Montreal! It was stripped all the way down to the bare cast housing!

-Dan

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Looks good. How much did the sliders set you back? I need to get a set. Is that the normal mounting system? Thanks

Harley

6. KRAZIE87K5

I think I paid somewhere around $200 for them... but I may have gotten a special... and YES, its the normal mounting system. I don't have the means to weld YET, so I had to get the bolt in type. Rock Stomper has a weld in set if that's what you are looking for...

But check this... you really can jack the truck up by these things! They are so tough! I hi-lifted the side of the truck off the ground by the slider! Gotta love that!

-Dan

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Nice job... After I do my 4" suspension lift. I want to get rid of my nerfbars and get the rock slider's. Do you have enuff of the slider sticking out to use for a step?

8. KRAZIE87K5

Sure do have plenty room for stepping on them! I tested them my STANDING on them, and then jumping up and down! And I weigh about 220lbs! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

-Dan

9. Hossbaby50

Is there enough of the sliders hanging out to use them as a step? I don't want the weld in style. I was hoping that that was the normal mounting system, because that is trick, and that is what I want. Thanks

Harley

10. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

So the trick to putting those on is to have someone help? lol
    I put mine on by myself and almost had a face full of steel a couple of times. By the time I got to the last couple of holes my arms were dead and it was time for a cold one!

11. Hossbaby50

Sounds like a time for a cold dozen to me./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

12. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Did you make the rear bumper and rear tire carrier yourself ? I'd love that set up on mine ! I like the wrap around part. PM me !!

13. KRAZIE87K5

Totally enuf room to use them as a step!

-Dan

14. KRAZIE87K5

Yup - plenty of help, and plenty of HOT shavings stuck in your flesh! Have to love that! But I love how they look! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

-Dan

15. KRAZIE87K5

Riz-

Drop <font color=orange>BIGJ</font color=orange> a PM. He has the front bumpers listed in the for sale forum! Check em out!

-Dan

16. That is a roll on? When I looked at the pics I was assuming it was sprayed on. Looks great! I dig the bumpers and sliders, very nice.

17. KRAZIE87K5

Yes, roll on. Dupli-color's bed liner kit - bought it when Trak Auto closed for $30! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Just got to put it on now that the weather warmed up. Thanks for the kudos on the bumpers too! I think they are SO sweet! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

-Dan

18. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Dude, that thing is sweet! Do you know if those sliders, or some like them are made for the '69-'72 blazers?

19. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Truck is looking great!
    I thought you would like those slidders. I love mine.
    Good luck with the tranny.

20. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Hey Dan!
    I'm going to do the duplicolor bedliner maybe this weekend if the weather holds up /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Any troubles putting it on, tips, how'd you prep the surface? How much bedliner did it take to do the outside? Did you do the inside?

I'm replacing the floors in the plow/project truck this week and I'm going to line the inside, anything left over will go on the bumpers.