Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Almost Done w/Pics - 1 Ton Swap, 38.5's, Suspension Update, etc..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BorregoK5, May 25, 2002.

1. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Almost Done w/Pics - 1 Ton Swap, 38.5\'s, Suspension Update, etc..

Just waiting for my High Angle 1350 CV Driveline to show up and I can finish the rear ring and pinion / detroit locker with a 1410 pinion yolk! I'm fabbing up some bumpers out of 2"x8"x1/4" steel tubing which should sit flush and not impede my aproach/decent angles. Still running a 4" lift with the 16/38.5x15 TSL's on 15x10 Bart steel rims with 3.5 backspacing but I had to add a 3" body lift for clearance, even with some extreme fender trimming. Updated to steel extended steel braided brake lines and put together some 57" rear leaf packs and custom heavy duty shackles. I should have done this after the body lift because the suspension flex made it hard to jack the back end high enough to get the 3" pucks in there... cant wait to take it out now.. come on Jesse, ship that shaft! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albur15

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Almost Done w/Pics - 1 Ton Swap, 38.5\'s, Suspension Update, etc..

All I can say is DAMNNNNNNNNNNN!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif That thing looks awesome. Man has it grown up quickly and nicely. Can't wait to see it.

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Yah, one trip with the So Cal Big Dawgs and I new it was either grow up or play caboose with a tow strap! I'm not big on tow straps! Hahah

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Well, you've got the biggest tires in the club as far as the guys that have been out with us. The closest now is Chris(thebeeter) with his SMALL 38's/forums/images/icons/wink.gif We may just have to make you president now./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

So much for your 37's! Leland too. Now you have to have atleast 38's.

Any thing bad about installing a body lift? Is there anything that you guys didn't like because of the pucks? I was considering the 1" or 2". Any suggestions? I don't want to go 3" on top of the 6" suspension.

Tell me you're bringing that thing the to the club meeting on June 1.

6. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

If I can get the rear gears installed in time then yes, I'll be there on June 1st. I didn't innitially like the idea of the body lift but a few things helped me along. I put one of the pucks in a press and put some pressure on it to see how it would react and it felt strong. You don't remove your rubber body mounts but rather put the pucks on top of them so you don't gain any vibration, thankfully, my rubber mounts were still in good condition. Last, I'm going to put a full cage in the truck and have jointed mounts running from the frame to bolt plates on the bottom side of the body so I'll have some additional support a bit later on to assist with any support issues the pucks may have.

Esteban, thanks for the suspension link!