Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Almost done with school but no jobs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TrcksR4ME, Oct 13, 2002.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Getting close to finishing school and getting a degree in computer graphics. Problem is that I did a search for jobs in that field and could find none! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Everyone wants experienced employees that can do a million things.

It kinda sucks, economy is going to [censored] and no one seems to be doing anything about it.

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Doesn't your school have some sort of placement office? I just signed up with placement at my school and they're kicking rear end in getting me a job up and running. Pretty cool to have support. And yours should be there too!

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Mike:

Don't be so down on things, brother. Do you know how many people are out there doing jobs that have nothing to do with their educational background? In today's economy, the harsh reality is that young workers HAVE to be multitaskers in order to get anywhere. Get used to it.

Heck, even my job has changed in the last ten years. I used to be required to know only one aspect of field work. Looking back, it was pretty inefficient- if something came up that I couldn't handle, I'd have to call in a crew that could. Nowadays I'm trained in everything my company offers. I should also mention that my wage didn't jump proportionately to my new responsibilities.

It's a new world, brother. If you can't handle it, there's a 7-11 on every corner....... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    If you can't handle it, there's a 7-11 on every corner

[/ QUOTE ]

start robbing them

5. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Those guys are pretty cool when you walk in at 2am wasted. They always have some wacked out thing to say to me laugh. I'll lay off the middle eastern jokes tho /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

The part that sucks is that when I started things were booming and looked so great, now its the opposite. I live near Seattle which was hit hard by the dot-bomb, and recovering very slowly.

Doing multiple tasks isnt a problem, but just getting your foot in the door is.

I already have a medial job now, don't need to look at 7-11 /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif