Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Almost done with the motor..Now a TBI ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Stickseler, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Were almost done with the motor.. Now tomorow we put the Holley TBI on...

so the question .. My stock TBI had a spacer .. bout 1-1/2" .. should I put the spacer on with the holleyn?? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif will it work???

[​IMG]

2. 91K5

91K5 1/2 ton status

Are you sure its stock?? My '91's TBI unit sits right ontop the manifold. I've heard it go both ways as far as using spacers, some say it promotes better mixing of air/fuel making more power the entire RPM range, some say it adds top end power at the cost of low end and so on. You would probably never notice the difference with or without it so it's your call, if you run through deep water it'll keep your air cleaner that much higher, on the other hand that adds another gasket that might leak later on. Flip a coin I guess /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif By the way, sweet looking motor!

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

We decided the new motor should be stronger than the old one with 225k on it so were gona skip the spacer...probably wouldnt notice it with the new heartbeat anyhow. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Besides I think the POR Orange added at least 10 HP /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif