Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Almost Done!!!

Discussion in 'Center Of Gravity' started by willyswanter, Feb 26, 2004.

1. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Street Mode:

[​IMG]

Off Road Mode:

[​IMG]

Still have to put my rear gears back in if my new carrier bearings ever show up. Then plumb in the OBA and hook the front ARB up and I may be almost done! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

that looks sweet. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif got any side shots?

3. willyswanter

Nah, house on left side and fence on right, can't get a good pic yet /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

5. big83chevy4x4

well push it out into the road and take a pic then /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

After this all done, you need to post a pic of the truck when you bought it and now. Talk about a change!!! Nice work, it looks great.

7. big83chevy4x4

did you shorten the wheelbase also? /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

8. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That pretty much sums up what I think about your truck, Jason. Very nicely done! I bet you can't wait to test it out.

Did you have the "bed" all designed in a Computer Graphics program before you started making things, or was it something you "pieced" together. I like how you tied it into the frame on the sides like that with pivoting bushings. How much clearance did you leave between the cab and the "bed"?

Oh yeah...one thing I noticed was how you've got your coil-overs mounted to the bed. Personally, I would have added another support to the outside of the "hoop" (something connecting the outside of the hoop to a lower part on the bed; in a sense, triangulating it) but I'm assuming you've done your homework and the design is strong enough to be taking the weight of your truck.

9. willyswanter

There is another tie that is in there thats hard to see that holds the hoops in place, shouldn't be a problem, but if they ever start to move it's just another tube and a can of camo /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah I had it all designed in Solidworks including the 4 link then imported it into Inventor and cycled the suspension to make sure everything cleared and all that, came out just right. I do a few things different as I go to make it more appealing to the eye but mainly stick to the plans.

There is about 2.5" between the cab and the new bed, I already flexed it to it's max stuff on the drivers side and the bed never came close, only know for sure when I get to go out and test it!

10. willyswanter

Ohh look lights! Everything is wired and got the fuel filler installed today. Also got the steering box back in and most of the hydro lines ran...

[​IMG]

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Still have to put my rear gears back in if my new carrier bearings ever show up.

[/ QUOTE ]

And pull out the coffee cup your visitor this morning left in the axle tube /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

For all the rest of ya, I got to check it out in person this morning. Really nice work /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Jason, I think with your design, you could possibly add a gun mount up top and you could sell the thing to the military /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

How about some before and after departure angle numbers?

14. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

OH yeah also, how about some how much plywood I could haul before and after numbers? HA... Looks very good.

15. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Looks sweet! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. willyswanter

Well I'm building the lumber rack for it next week since it is my work truck... I'll let you know how much 2x6 20's and sheeting I can haul /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hmm, before and after departure angle, well, I would guess about 40* before and now it's way past 90... The frame stops about 8" before the tires stop... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif