Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

almost got robbed tonight.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big dan, Jan 5, 2007.

1. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I work at this local gas station to pay for what else, gas, during school. Early this afternoon a rather small man walks in front of the large window in front of the station wearing a hooded sweatshirt and a mask over his face so all you can see is his eyes. Me and two other pretty good sized boys are working and all I can figure is he saw all of us looking back at him and got scared. I went outside to see where he went but was gone before I got out there.

Later in the evening a cop showed up at the store to warn us that there was a small black male wearing a hooded sweatshirt that was robbing stores in the area and had just hit one up the road. I asked for a description of the guy and proceeded to tell him about the guy we had seen. He makes a few phone calls desribing what I had told him and then looks at me and says that was him.

Tomorrow I work with the same two guys and we have all decided that if the thievin little bastage comes back and doesnt have a gun to us, his world is gonna get real f@cked up. People like this really pi$$ me off and if he doesnt provide much of threat he's not gonna walk out of that store. That being said I imagine he's armed with some kind of weapon otherwise the other stores wouldnt have given up so easily and if the little crook comes back to my store he better hope he's armed.

2. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

yeeeeeehaaaaaaaa

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

right, so he can pull the trigger, and take down one of the "big ol boys" who's set on being a hardass.

not a very smart move.

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

He won't come back. Thieves are basically lazy and it looked like too much to deal with when there are easier places to go.

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

So many things wrong with that I don't even know where to start.

Why would you assume he's not armed?

Why would you risk it over SOMEONE ELSE'S MONEY? (money period)

Why would you risk a lawsuit by the thief by harming him(yes, I know that's ridiculous, but it happens) even if you confirmed he was unarmed?

6. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

My dad always told me, if your gonna shoot somebody that's broken in your house/property...make sure you shoot to kill. Less chance of lawsuits, and at least there's only 1 story then too.

7. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

big dan... the bad guys have more practice at being bad guys than you do.. He only walked away because he knew he wasn't going to have the element of suprise in his favor.. that tells me he isn't stupid, and would therefore not likely be unarmed.

If he does ever come back, I'm sure he'll mean business, and be on you so fast with a weapon you won't have time to react anyway.

Defending yourself from attack is one thing, pre emptive assault is quite another, so let's say you got your wish and he came back unarmed.. if you pound him, you and your employer are wide open for a lawsuit. that's provided he comes back dressed the same way, and you can even recognize him.. what if you got the wrong guy?

fantasizing about being the hero may be fun,but acting them out could really get you hurt. or worse.. lots of folks in prison or dead 'cause they wondered if they "had what it took to be a man", and it bothered them until they found ( or invented) a situation where they could act on it.

Not trying to say that one should never intervene physically on behalf of another person, but the times that is justifiable is pretty limited, and this doesn't sound like it.

Tom

8. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

cut down a 12 ga, when he comes back, shoot him, put him in a bag in the freezer for a couple weeks, then throw him out with the trash in the bottom of the dumpster, by the time he thaws and starts to stink, he'll be under 20 feet of trash..... my advice, call the cops when he shows up and give him the bosses money.... but being there's 3 of you, a strategically placed p380 in the back pocket would work when he asks for your wallet and someone else actually hands his over and the crook aint lookin, draw it and fire...

so many scenarios... so little bad guys...

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: i had a guy try to rob me after i wouldn't buy the pistol he had????i only had 1 penny on me,for real!!i just stumbled out of the bar.and i had to wait for my friends who were still inside with about 300 other alcohol and drug crazed white guys. he asked how much money i had in my wallet. PSST,.then he says "i shoot white people in the knees".i told him have at it. i need time off work.then a few others came out. he walked up to a guy so drunk he couldn't un lock his car.he got about 10ft from the dood. all the sudden the drunk guy starts pissing right in front of the bad guy.:haha: :haha: he was so smashed he didnt even see the crook.:rotfl: :rotfl: thats when the guy with the gun said **** it and ran off.:laugh:

10. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Ahahaha o man that be a way to get shot... Cause you pissed on the guy:eek1::haha::haha:

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i did start laughing.i thought"you picked the wrong place to try holding someone up loser."hundreds of people that are so drunk they don't know their date of birth,and you think they will hand over loot?:laugh: :laugh:

12. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Get an outfit like this. The guns, dog, leg brace and all. Pace out front , twich your head a lot and talk to yourself. He will stay away -

[​IMG]

13. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

does your station hav a magloc on the door? could you not hit it and lock him out remoatly?

if he has no weapon then i am all for jumping him.

if he has a piece he would pull it to rob you, if he just threatens you then i say 5 or 6 paintball guns unleashing hells fury on him would teach him a leason, and make him easy to find.

but if he was armed screw it, here is the money.

14. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Question!....

Why dont convienience stores and gas stations that get robbed often install a trap door, right where you stand at the counter??..then if any robbers come in and stick a gun in your face,you could just step on a release switch,and watch them fall into a room in the basement!..(which should be barred ,and have no exit of course!--)...would make it easy for the cops....a little pepper spray down there,and the thugs would be crying like babies..

They should let the clerks who've suffered the trauma of being robbed kick the crap out of the robber too,as part of his healing..I know two nice looking young girls who worked at self serve gas stations that were robbed at gunpoint-they still wont work any retail jobs,and have had issues with paranoia and anxiety since..it's more devastating that most people realize..:crazy: