Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Almost killed my Jimmy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by GM Man, Dec 28, 2003.

1. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

One of my best friends from highschool and the Navy drove from Washington state to Colorado, so I thought we would go wheeling since he has never been here before. On our way to Nederland I was on highway 36 doing about 70mph in the fast lane when my left front tire had a major blowout! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    The truck pulled to the left hard and my buddy who was behind me said that there was chunks of rubber being thrown up onto his Jeep. I remember looking down and seeing the highway divider and thinking this was going to be it. Well I pulled out of my ass and didnt even put a scratch on the Dirty Jimmy. My friend said that I was about 4 to 6 inches away from the divider and I was really close.
    Im glad I didnt total out my truck cause I think I would have at least put it on its roof if not roll it! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Did screw up the inner fender well and left fender, but its not that noticeable.
    Oh and this was on some small ass 31's, so I would hate for this to happen to anyone with bigger tires.

2. 88jimmy4x4

88jimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

Dang I bet that was scary /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

I have done some really stupid $hit in cars that usually didnt scare me, but that one sure did make me pucker up!

4. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I did that with my 38.5" tires in the mud a FEW times. It's scary even if you're not on pavement. I hate 16.5" rims /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I did gain a little from running them though. I now know how to put a tire back on a rim in less than 5 minutes with a prybar and a screwdriver /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif