Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

almost over, Eagles

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jan 23, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm amazed, I've been predicting they'd blow it big time. Now if the Steelers go on to the Bowl wouldn't that be interesting? I'm here in the heart of Steelers country now so I might have to fear for my life, ha.

2. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I picked the Steelers vs the Eagle as soon as the finished regular season. Guess I should have bet on it in Vegas :grin:

If the Steelers do win, it'll be the all Pennsylvania Super Bowl, hosted in Jacksonville. Would be kinda ironic. I wonder who the Penn Governor would be cheering for:dunno: (I'll be cheering for the Eagles all the way. Always liked McNab. After all, I'm from near Syracuse and he was there star QB for 4 years.

3. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

I am NOT an Atlanta fan, and am not impressed with michael vick. He IMO is a horrible QB (look at the #'s-75 QB rating...)he IS a good runing back though...I'd hate to be a WR on his team, cuz you know more often than not, you won't get the ball.

Hope the Pats loose....but we'll see how it goes i guess. Don't get me wrong, they do have a good complete team, but dang! How about if we get some ew teams in there!

4. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Eagles 27
    Falcons 10

Patriots 41 (I think)
    Steelers 27

I'm glad the Eagles finally got the NFC-championship monkey off their backs, but I honestly don't see them beating the Pats. From what I saw today, the Eagles D is good enough, but the O just isn't there without T.O. Jeff Lurie said after the game that T.O. will probably play in the 'Bowl, but I think he might be risking his future career (if he blows the ankle up again) if he does.

5. bluehen

bluehen 1/2 ton status

Go Birds!
    The Eagles are on their way to a league championship!. I've been an Eagles fan since my uncle took me to a game when I was about 10. When you live in DE, you either root for the team just north, or act clueless and root for the Ravens or the Skins or who knows whatelse.
    Noone can expect an easy time against the Patriots, but this truly has been a great year for the birds and if they play to their potential it'll be a great game in Jacksonville. This year the game will be worth watching more than the commercials.

6. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Pats all the way ;):waytogo: