Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

almost rolled my sub!!!****PICS****

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by darkshadow, May 3, 2004.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i when to go find my flash light last night after dinner with my wife, down this small mud road, and a car was parked in the middle of the road. No problem, i have had to do this befor as i start to go around hm the truck slips a bit, i think i could have gotten trough but my wife (who crys at the tip of a hat) was freeken out so i had to stop, now i am stuck, so i call my buddys /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifin this nice no reseption aria ( i am now running around on a hill) well first mistak right there you call jeepers and bad things go to worse, there dumb ass ideas git me even more down the hill. So i left it chained to two trees and came back in the morning, with a tow truck HE COULDENT GET ME OUT /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif so he called a buddy with a bigger truck and his had two cables and winches and he had a tough time of it .. Not bad though. caa covered the first truck and the seconed one cost me 80 bucks with tip and a few more for coffies i got them. fun stuff though.

http://community.webshots.com/album/108516579naatZX

2. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

Re: almost rolled my sub!!!

damn dood! i can't believe it didnt roll! glad to hear you got out.
    [​IMG]

3. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I just have one question....HOW THE HELL DID THAT NOT ROLL????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif
    -Harrison

4. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I just have one question....HOW THE HELL DID THAT NOT ROLL????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif
    -Harrison

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a sub thing.... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif btw glad your ok

5. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

you couldnt get a friend to pull you out of that /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    I would be pretty mad at my friends for making me hire a tow truck and why in the hell was a car parked in the middle of the road at night ?

6. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Yikes!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif That was a close one! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Good thing your burb isn't lifted very high.....or it would've rolled. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i when to go find my flash light last night after dinner with my wife

[/ QUOTE ]

All that over a flashlight huh? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif So, did you ever find it? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

BTW, glad you didn't roll. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Chances are that if you'd had it lifted at all it would have. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

8. gm guy

gm guy 1/2 ton status

Vancouver Island but work in Ft Mcmurray Alberta C
    /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Wow close one. Glad your OK. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

well you can see that it is chained to two trees from the front tow hooks and the traler hitch, that is what was keeping it from rolling, When it all started last night i was still a good foot and a half on the road. My jeep driveing friends got me down there. ( they dident even have there jeep i got them to get our buddys ford!)

i told them to stop, because i dident want there half ass atempts at recovery to roll me, so i told them to take me home and i called the auto club.

all fun in the end, bow to the sub /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif one MUST ADMIT nothing would be safer to roll in.

And thanks every one for your consern WHEEL ON /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Darn jeep people... looks like it would have been scary! Glad to know it never rolled, and your okay /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

From the pics it almost looks like after your jeep friends screwed you over some more, you could have just cranked the wheel and backed down it at an angle unti you reach that little road in the background that looks like it trails off. Well glad to here your ok

Remington

12. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

oh yeah I almost forgot, when doin that last procedure, load a few sand bags in the passenger side.

Remington

13. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    From the pics it almost looks like after your jeep friends screwed you over some more, you could have just cranked the wheel and backed down it at an angle unti you reach that little road in the background that looks like it trails off. Well glad to here your ok

Remington

[/ QUOTE ]

i know that was one of my ideas i was going to do that myself if they dident show up ( no cell reseption) it is soggy down there and but atleast i would be out of danger, then when they did show up i wanted them to use the truck to steddy me as i go down, then help me out from the side.