Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

almost the end of my second week...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Mar 2, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

as it stands, I hate the dealership world. Its not the dealership I work at(at least I don't think so), I just can't get into the groove of working like that. push push, get **** done yesterday, upsell, maintenece, 60k, 30k, 90k, brake specs, tire specs. I am a very indecisive person, ask me if I think a tire is bad(even if it has no tread left) and I'll stand there and shrug my shoulders and choke on my words. Granted I'm only 2 weeks in, and I am picking somethings up, but it still doesn't look like this world is gonna work for me. The thing I'm best at so far is changing out tires, had plenty of experience with that at school, and even that I take like 4 times as long as the usual techs that do this stuff. We shall see where the next few weeks go, guess going into them with the mindset that I am just going to make enough to pay off my truck then quit isn't the right one but oh well, thats where I'm at. Hell I liked swinging a hammer for my dad, I was picking that up pretty decently, I haven't found a thing I like to do at the dealership yet. Whiny ass post eh? Worst of all, I've started helping a friend put a cage in his Mustang, man I love to fabricate and weld :doah:

2. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

look at a website called Joe Verde Group. They train Dealership Salesmen. And the dealership pays for it. From what i understand they teach you how not to be so pushy and make alot of money in that field. Don't feel bad i would not work in that industry either. Don't like that commission only work crap.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Probably good that you are deciding now rather thanin 10 years.

4. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

We had a place where all the schools in the county went to for specialized auto classes. It was natef certified and they tried to make it like a dealership. We would figure out the problem and fill out a Work Order. It was fun but at the end i realized i didnt want to work on cars. I wanted to wrench for fun, and if im hand tightening a screw for 30sec stright, my wrist gets real sore. I decided to take computer course, im in class right now too. Workin in a dealership relies on experience alot. I dont i could have handled it. :|