Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Alot of blowby??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by outlawtorn, Jun 9, 2005.

1. outlawtorn

outlawtorn 1/2 ton status

Well i got my timing stuff figured out on my blazer, it ended up being 90 degrees off instead of 180... but anyway.... I fired it up and it wouldnt idle after i let it warm up... no biggie so i went under the hood to adjust the idle since i had the carb off and cleaned it it was bound to be off. As soon as i open the hood i notice it is pushing alot of oil out of the breather on the passenger side. I dont have a breather on there atm... just the stock little metal neck thing just sitting there. But its never done this before and when i test drove it, it was lacking power badly.. didnt seem to be missing just really really dogish... but that could still be my timing since i dont have it set correctly yet. Anyway why is it that im getting alot of blowby? I mean its alot... it looks like an exhaust on a car on a cold morning.

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Is it a new motor? Perhaps the rings havent had time to seat yet. Or could be worn or broken rings if its older.

3. outlawtorn

outlawtorn 1/2 ton status

Its the original 76 small block 400 with 86k original miles on it. It was just weird to me because it wasnt doing it before i pulled my intake.

4. Indyblazer

Indyblazer Registered Member

Blowby smoke. Today I installed the Quadrajet that I rebuilt yesterday. I had a steady cloud of blowby smoke coming out of my PCV breather while I had the air cleaner off and was adjusting the idle. There was so much smoke I thought it was engine rebuild time. The solution was to connect up a vacuum line that I had forgot to reconnect. The blowby stopped immediately!