Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Alpine mrv 1507- type r subs

Discussion in 'Audio' started by wakedog, May 21, 2001.

1. wakedog

wakedog 1/2 ton status

Will an alpine mrv 1507 beable to power 2 12" alpine type r dual voice coil subs? I have heard that the amp power a 2 ohm load and not a 4 ohm which i need. Will i beable to wire the mrv 1507 to these subs or not?? Thanks

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Hell yah, that will work fine, whoever told you it wouldnt work in a 4 ohm load is an idiot. In a 4 ohm load it won't provide as much power as in a 2ohm load, however it will be a whole lot cleaner in a 4ohm set up. Should sound great!!! Good luck. We are building an ROUSH F150 with 4 15" type R's. What a badass woofer!!!

[​IMG]
    http://autotronixcaraudio.com

3. wakedog

wakedog 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help Dblazedr i appreciated it. That ford will bump. My friend has a jeep cherokee that has 4 12" type r's , 2 mrv 1057, and one alpine 500 watt amp. It sounds so nice, i love it. Thanks again.

4. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

that amp is registered at 4 ohm bridged... 2 ohm stereo... so if you where goin to be brindging it into the subs then it should be into a 4 ohm load anyways... but if you where goin to run it stereo then you could wire it to a 2 ohm setup... But the specs on that amp that i found tells me that it will be more then enough for speakers... and still have some left over... lol...
    hope this helps... and i have to agree... whoever told you that it had to be run at a 2 ohm load and the amp wouldnt do a 4 ohm is full of it....

Prembird

If it aint loud then turn it up!