Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Alpine stereo equipment

Discussion in 'Audio' started by mud390, Jan 16, 2004.

1. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I've been thinking about putting a system in my daily driver. Its a 2001 GMC Sierra Regular Cab. I've already got a really nice Alpine cd player with a flip down face, blah, blah, blah. I've decided to go with two 10's and can't decide after that. I really love the way the Alpines sound, but I've been told the Type-R won't fit behind the seat, and the Type-E is a tight fit. After researching online, it looks like the top mounting depth is the same, if not less on the Type-R compared to the Type-E. So, my questions: Which sub would you recomend? What type of box? Split, single box, ported, sealed? I was also thinking of running a mono Alpine amp. I can control it from the head unit so why not. I've almost got my mind set on the 300watt model, but not sure. I figured get 2 dual 4ohm Type-R and wire them into a 2ohm load (is it possible or would I need the dual 2ohm???) to pull more power from the amp. Any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Kris

2. splinter51

splinter51 Registered Member

the mounting depth is probably not the factor. the R needs more air space. your probably need to go sealed, a ported enclosure will need to be much larger. if far as ohm load goes, go with 4 ohm parralled for a 2ohm load on amp. if you have not bought mono 300 alpine i'd look into something else i bought one for my wifes Tahoe to run 2 12" type s's and wasnt impressed! my 10 year old punch 40 hit harder on same speakers.

3. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I was looking at running a set of sealed split truck boxes, one behind each seat with the amp on a rack inbetween them. I haven't bought anything yet, I'm still just looking right now. I found a really nice precision power amp online the other day that puts out twice the power for the same price. I've heard lots of good things about them. Thanks for heads up on the amp though! Any other thoughts/suggestions?

Kris